Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

RE:PSP DiGi CoMix Reader by Dx

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
hardikk98

Re: RE:PSP DiGi CoMix Reader by Dx

Post by hardikk98 »

Psyonix wrote:Hai thar, I'm new to the whole PSP homebrew stuff, and my questions is when I start the Comic reader everything is Ok, but after I start reading the comics my PSP blanks out.
If this would provide anyhelp, my psp is brand new, only modified with the PRO CFW thing.
Tnx in advance!
Hi Psyonix i think their is a problem with the comics you are reading try with some other comics and make sure the comics are in .cbr format.
Advertising
crimsonkinge

Post by crimsonkinge »

HELP everytime i try open the program it keeps saying this game cannot be started the data is corrupted
Advertising
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

crimsonkinge wrote:HELP everytime i try open the program it keeps saying this game cannot be started the data is corrupted
Are you using Custom Firmware or HEN for starters?
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
scarecr0w

Post by scarecr0w »

wow.. dude this is pspcomic. you just change the theme and the background icon. dude your leaching on somebody's work.
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

scarecr0w wrote:wow.. dude this is pspcomic. you just change the theme and the background icon. dude your leaching on somebody's work.
Technically he does credit the original creator (who released the source so it's fine for anyone to update/change) in the first post, so he is free to do with it what he pleases (although changing the name does kind of make it look [to someone who doesn't know much] like he created this himself... What are you gonna do..? :roll: This is usually what happens when things go "open source", it's happens dozens of times on this forum and the rest of the internet.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
endrift
Guru

Post by endrift »

Disturbed0ne wrote:
scarecr0w wrote:wow.. dude this is pspcomic. you just change the theme and the background icon. dude your leaching on somebody's work.
Technically he does credit the original creator (who released the source so it's fine for anyone to update/change) in the first post, so he is free to do with it what he pleases (although changing the name does kind of make it look [to someone who doesn't know much] like he created this himself... What are you gonna do..? :roll: This is usually what happens when things go "open source", it's happens dozens of times on this forum and the rest of the internet.
Actually, he's violating the license terms as specified with the source. When the license terms are not kept, the license doesn't apply so this is technically a copyright violation. Credit or not, he's not following the GPL that's distributed with PSPComic. Unless he opens the source up, following the terms of the GPL, this is illegal. Not that I'll exactly press charges if he doesn't, I just think the principle of the thing should be respected.

And I am actually curious how it was made faster. While I did write this thing many, many years ago and I don't plan to ever work on it again, I never really did figure out a good way to accelerate the dang thing.

(Oh hi)
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Archaemic wrote:Actually, he's violating the license terms as specified with the source. When the license terms are not kept, the license doesn't apply so this is technically a copyright violation. Credit or not, he's not following the GPL that's distributed with PSPComic. Unless he opens the source up, following the terms of the GPL, this is illegal. Not that I'll exactly press charges if he doesn't, I just think the principle of the thing should be respected.
In such a case, I'll remove the links and warn the user. GPL is something we respect here.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Disturbed0ne wrote:Technically he does credit the original creator (who released the source so it's fine for anyone to update/change) in the first post, so he is free to do with it what he pleases
No mate. Read GPL.
Disturbed0ne wrote:What are you gonna do..? :roll:
Remove the work and sue him/her.
Disturbed0ne wrote:This is usually what happens when things go "open source"
Err... any example? I cannot see any Linux copy, GCC copy...

Btw you forgot to lock the topic. I'm going to wipe out the whole OP btw.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

m0skit0 wrote:
Disturbed0ne wrote:This is usually what happens when things go "open source"
Err... any example?
The multitude of PRO clones out there. :shock:

I do admit that I didn't investigate this thoroughly to see that the sources weren't included. My fault.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Disturbed0ne wrote:The multitude of PRO clones out there. :shock:
We don't have any here. It's up to each one to make others respect software licenses. We here did for HBL when some clones violating GPL started to appear. Anyway decent sites will not allow GPL violations to be posted.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"

Return to “Homebrews”