Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

I have Pro CFW, but I can't use any emulators...

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
ActingAspie

I have Pro CFW, but I can't use any emulators...

Post by ActingAspie »

I just recently installed Pro CFW for my PSP 2000, which runs on 6.61 firmware. I know it's successfully installed, because the name of the new firmware shows up when I look up system information.

However, when I try to install an emulator, any one at all, into the PSP/GAME folder on my memory stick, it always shows up as corrupted data. Why would my memory stick recognize and let me run the files for Pro CFW, but reject anything else I try to put on it as corrupted? I've looked all over the internet for an answer, and I can't find one. Can someone help me out here?
Advertising
Gilgamesh

Re: I have Pro CFW, but I can't use any emulators...

Post by Gilgamesh »

Well, I can tell you the reason why your PSP will run the Pro CFW files and not the emulators is because the Pro CFW is signed code that can run on unhacked PSPs (which is why you can install the CFW in the first place). Since it sounds like ALL of your emulators are coming up corrupted makes me think that maybe the CFW didn't install correctly. Did you flash your PSP with the CFW (make it permanent), or do need to run the CFW first every time after turning on your PSP?

I would try reinstalling the CFW if possible.
Advertising
"The sidekick is NOT to ditch the hero!"
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

U propoble not run if not permanent patched the CFW before use emulator ,or u wrong add it to GAME folder or u use old 1.50-2.00 kernel versioons that show on moder FW like COrupt files.

For 100% sure - reinstall OFW then if u have psp to perm patch patch it to perm CFW then run emulator - if u not have perm psp to patch before use emulator relanch the CFW to run it
ActingAspie

Post by ActingAspie »

I have re-installed CFW, but the same thing happens when I try to put an emulator into a the game folder. I can't use the flasher, because when I run it, I get a message saying that the installer doesn't support my model of PSP.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Mind posting a picture of your PSP/GAME the of the inside of one of the homebrew folders?
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ActingAspie

Post by ActingAspie »

Well, I managed to get the Mame4all logo to appear on my memory stick. I found out I needed to use the folder inside the folder I was putting in. However, when I try to start it up, it gives me an error (8002013c). So what's happening now? Do I need some kind of patch?

I'm completely new to PSP modding, and I'm frankly lost right now. Plus, I don't really know how to take a picture of my actual folders, as per the last poster's request.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

That error is a problem in flash iirc, you might want to try reinstalling the CFW or even the whole firmware.
That or the homebrew you are trying simply doesn't work on 6.61.

Try something known working like PSPFiler or gpSP?
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ActingAspie

Post by ActingAspie »

OK. Another issue I have is knowing exactly which emulators can work with 6.61. I don't want to run the risk of bricking my psp by trying to downgrade it.
esmjanus

Post by esmjanus »

All these emulators must work on 6.61 viewtopic.php?f=47&t=44039.
Remember that the default directory path must be PSP/GAME/Emulatorfolder/EBOOT.PBP.
Some emulators give trouble if you have Force High Memory Layout enabled. To disable it, press select on PSP main menu, It'll display the VSH Menu, go to Recovery Menu->Advanced->Force High Memory Layout->Disabled. Press select to go back to PSP main menu.
ActingAspie

Post by ActingAspie »

The "force high memory layout" option is already disabled.

I recently tried to start Mame4all again, and surprisingly, it launches for some reason...but, it can't detect any of the MAME roms I've put in the rom folder, so it tells me there are no games available.

I also tried creating the folder "Emulatorfolder" for the PSP/Game folder, but the emulator just goes back to being corrupted data when I do that. The only way the Mame4all logo shows up is when it's simply in my PSP/GAME folder. I don't even know how to set up the whole Emulatorfolder/boot.PBP thing, when I don't even know how to create a boot.PBP file in the first place.

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”