Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Kernel Exploit Founded for 6.37 by FrEdDy

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
TOcean
HBL Tester

Kernel Exploit Founded for 6.37 by FrEdDy

Post by TOcean »

[attachment=0]ofw637.jpg[/attachment]

Today founded FrEdDy (wololo.net/talk user) a kernel exploit for OFW 6.37

FAQ by wizarddoctor
First question: Who's hidden behind FrEdDy, Freddy-PSP and Freddy-156? (age, location, job...)
Well, I'm 14 years old, I live near Naples, in Italy and as every 14 years old guy, my only job is doing well at school

Do you have hobbys that aren't related to the PSP?
Well,I like music, reading, videogames and playing soccer, like every Italian lol

How did you came in touch with PSPs and programming?
I got my first psp as a christmas gift from my father a long time ago (4 years, iirc), it was a phat psp, but i was too young to understand what i could do by hacking it, then when it broke, I bought a 3004 and discovered it couldn't be hacked, so I started thinking about finding a way to hack it myself and then I started using Linux and fell in love with it

What was your first homebrew (if you still remember that)?
I remember I coded a lua homebrew with psphakerwarrior and released it for chipspain's winter contest, it was a shell

What have you released so far?
I've released a couple of homebrews and plugins,and I collaborated with HBL by porting the Hot Shots Golf exploit to the eur version of the game,and just today I've found a kernel exploit

What do you expect from the Genesis competition? Is it really needed to revive the homebrew scene?
Yes it is, especially since sony sued geohot, homebrew devs are kinda scared and $4000+ are a good motivation to not be scared and continue developing homebrew software, imho.

Are you (or together with another developer) going to submit something to the contest?
I will probably release something with another dev, but I'm not completely sure and it's kind of secret for now, but I will surely submit something by myself

Do you consider some scene members as friends?
Of course, there are many, too many to be quoted right now :)

What makes the PSP scene special?
I don't really know, maybe the people who are working in it

Piracy is something that kills the scene. What's your opinion on piracy?
If you don't have money for games, you shouldn't be buying consoles

Do you prefer retail or homebrew PSP games?
Depends, homebrews are free and many of them are really awesome (like Wagic), retail games are made to be awesome, but they often fail.

What is your favourite retail game and/or homebrew?
My favourite retail game is probably Archer Maclean's Mercury and my favourite homebrew game is Wagic (you can't imagine how much time I waste on it ), but psardumper and prxdecrypter are my best friends

How many PSPs have you got and which type(s)?
I got 3 phats and one 3004

What's your opinion about the NGP?
It looks like it's a great console and I will buy it for sure, I hope sony will threat it better than the psp however

You don't have a PSPgo. Wasn't it that special like the new NGP?
Nah,the ngp is a whole new console, the pspgo was...sh*t?

Any opinion about Sony and there console?
Well,sony did great things, they're awesome,but they should learn to respect users and developers

Any words about the new PS3 hacking and homebrew scene?
Well, I'm so angry about all the crazy stuff that's going on with geohot, I really hope one day ps3 will have Linux again and developers will be free to code anything on it again

Are you part of the PS3 scene?
Oh well, my ps3 is on 3.60, so, nope

What's your opinion on the release of the new HENs by TN, VF and coldbird?
They made lots of psp go/3004 users happy, so it's a great thing, but what's better is jigsaw's open source hen, because it makes possible for anyone (with enough coding experience) to code his own hen and use it or port it to a new exploit/firmware

The noob-level on wololo.net/talk is raised alot, have you got an explanation for this growing 'problem'?
Well, in a big community there are always lot of noobs, especially if scene people are in that community, there's nothing to do but moderating the situation and trying to keep noobs out of serious threads,and /talk staff is doing well

Any last words? Something that you want to say to the world (or at least the scene )?
Uhm..remember that hacking is just a hobby,keep it separated from your real life
Thanks for the interview ;)
No problem

http://www.psp-media.nl/nieuws-aankondi ... reddy.html translate with google translate
Advertising
Attachments
ofw637.jpg
ofw637.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
Last edited by TOcean on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
aqualisschock

Re: Kernel Exploit Founded for 6.37 by FreDy

Post by aqualisschock »

lolwut , thats great news for the 6.37 firmware users
Advertising
PSP Model : PSP 3004 Firmware : 6.20 -> 6.35 -> 6.35 PRO-A4 -> 6.35 PRO-B3
billys981

Post by billys981 »

I think he's faker,but let's wait and see...
ViP3R

Post by ViP3R »

the title has a wrong spelling (find it :P)
anyway, thanks !

i hope this could lead somewhere :P
Goodbye, Captain John "Soap" Mactavish
And Goodbye, Joe Frazier - thanks for encouraging me to have my own PSP
Punker69

Re: Kernel Exploit Founded for 6.37 by FreDDy

Post by Punker69 »

Mobile App Developer =)
FrEdDy
HBL Collaborator

Post by FrEdDy »

billys981 wrote:I think he's faker,but let's wait and see...
Why should I fake a kernel exploit?I don't have to prove anything to anyone,especially to you.I only said I found a kernel exploit because I've been asked what I did for the scene up to now.Nobody obligates me to show anything to you or to release anything.
https://github.com/freddy-156
<@n00b81> FREDDY CUTTIES
ASKidwai

Post by ASKidwai »

FrEdDy wrote:
Why should I fake a kernel exploit?I don't have to prove anything to anyone,especially to you.I only said I found a kernel exploit because I've been asked what I did for the scene up to now.Nobody obligates me to show anything to you or to release anything.
Now don't get me worng, I trust you. But people fake it for fame.
TOcean
HBL Tester

Post by TOcean »

FrEdDy wrote:
FrEdDy your not a faker. :D
hacker alias

Re: Kernel Exploit Founded for 6.37 by FrEdDy

Post by hacker alias »

Prove to me that my PSP Go is ****. I paid less for it new than I would have for a used 3000, it fits in my pockets better, it has bluetooth, internal storage, and it doesn't cramp my hands like the other models.
FrEdDy
HBL Collaborator

Re: Kernel Exploit Founded for 6.37 by FrEdDy

Post by FrEdDy »

hacker alias wrote:Prove to me that my PSP Go is ****. I paid less for it new than I would have for a used 3000, it fits in my pockets better, it has bluetooth, internal storage, and it doesn't cramp my hands like the other models.
I don't really enjoy paying over 200€ for a console that can't even play the games that I already own.
It's just an opinion btw,don't be angry.
https://github.com/freddy-156
<@n00b81> FREDDY CUTTIES

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”