Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
Darth Agnon

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Post by Darth Agnon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 pm

I was just wondering, from anyone who's played this game:
I love the look of Peace Walker's graphics and gameplay, and was wondering if it was worth getting. I do have some concerns however: from what I have seen of some of the cutscenes, it looks rather explicit. For example, the pervy camera angles and cut scenes just before the Metal Gear boss battle, Extra Ops 67, etc. all of which I find rather disturbing and innappropriate (PS I have played through 99% of the original MGS and a good chunk of Portable Ops, and haven't encountered anything *too* bad...). Is Peace Walker as innapropriate and explicit as it looks from the few bits and pieces I have seen? What is the worst it has (including partial nudity)? Is there any way to bypass/censor anything innappropriate (e.g. modding? hex cheats?)? (Extra Ops 67) What actually goes on under Snake and Paz's cardboard box (could it be explained away as innocent, if misinterpreted, with a bit of game theory?)?

I really want to play this game... Just cannot if it is highly explicit as I suspect...

Can anyone help?

Darth Agnon :?
Planeswalker and Monster Hunter
Advertising
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: //wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/

CloudStrife1901

Re: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Post by CloudStrife1901 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Wtf did I just read

Answer is just buy it,

There is only that part under the box which you cannot see anyway
Advertising

Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Never played it myself but just out of curiosity, what is it that you wouldn't like about it if it did have explicit/partially nude content?

Not judging, each to their own. Just curious.

Dan.

PSPcfwDUDE

Post by PSPcfwDUDE » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:53 pm

There's some partial nudity, but nothing disturbing really. It's an excellent game, highly recommend it.

Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Daniel_Davies85 wrote:Never played it myself but just out of curiosity, what is it that you wouldn't like about it if it did have explicit/partially nude content?

Not judging, each to their own. Just curious.

Dan.
I just wouldn't like it, really; I see it as inappropriate. ... still at home, too, so the family would disapprove muchly, also. Morally, I can accept combat in a game, as (I assume ;) ) it is for a just cause, however I see nudity and other such scenes/sequences in games as direct violations of morality. I want to have fun playing a game, and don't want to have to look away every once in a while to *not see* something inappropriate. I would also feel uncomfortable making the player character do certain actions of which I could never approve. Thanks for your understanding.

Darth Agnon
Planeswalker and Monster Hunter
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: //wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/

Bert960

Post by Bert960 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Bruh, you kinda sound like a feminist right now. Never played the MGS series but I've heard from experts that they are good games. I think you should buy it if your interested.

Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Bert960 wrote:Bruh, you kinda sound like a feminist right now. Never played the MGS series but I've heard from experts that they are good games. I think you should buy it if your interested.
You're assuming it's a dude...

Bert960

Post by Bert960 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:33 pm

You're assuming it's a dude...[/quote]

Hey, you never know. Could be genderless.

Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Bert960 wrote:You're assuming it's a dude...
Hey, you never know. Could be genderless.[/quote]

Either way, they're entitled to their opinion.

I don't share the same opinion as I'm not adverse to nudity or explicit content in games but everyone's different.

It could be religious reasons, age reasons, parental screening reasons, anything.

I'm glad to know that some people have screening of some kind in their lives. I tire of the 10 year olds playing 18 rated games like COD and screaming curses every other word.

When I was a lad, many moons ago, the day I turned 12 was the day I was allowed to watch a 12 rated movie. It got kind of hard for my parents to keep track after that but I wasn't allowed, in their house, to play or watch anything above my age range.

It never did me any harm and I feel kids run riot these days and need more disciplining.

But now I'm just an (reasonably) old man having a moan and I've gotten way off topic...

ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm right there with you Daniel!
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website

Return to “Games”