Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Vita

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Vita

Post by Rinnegatamante »

imortis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:16 am Thanks for great port. Is there any way to make is less demanding on Vita? I get BloodCM (Blood port for Eduke32) to run, but framerate is really bad. If i change resolution to less than 960x544 pixels it runs in small window located in top left corner (not stretched to full screen).
I'm working on NBlood port for what concerning Blood on Vita.
However i'm interested into looking into this, how did you launch the game? I tried following the Linux instructions here but ended up to a black screen: https://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/BloodCM
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Akula

Post by Akula »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:29 am
Akula wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:56 pm TFW Duke Forces won't work

Seriously though, nicely done, just don't think the Vita has the juice to handle anything more than the basics.
Did you follow instructions in EDuke32 wiki for Duke Forces? Some GRPs require particular commandline args.
No entries on the wiki. Plus it's a bit more intense than just a GRP file, so yeah.
Advertising
imortis

Post by imortis »

Well Nblood would be epic to have on Vita:) But BloodCM is also great. On PC there is a way to run "custom game content directory" from launcher. On Vita files get little messed up together when you launch only .grp. (it tried to load maps from wrong file i think). So i deleted DUKE3D.grp completly and have only BLOODCM.grp in folder. It works great, only problem is unplayable framerate (and no music,sound is ok). I will send you link to my whole Eduke32 folder in PM so you can just copy it and check it. With better framerate this would be pretty good way to play Blood on Vita:)
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

imortis wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:50 am Well Nblood would be epic to have on Vita:) But BloodCM is also great. On PC there is a way to run "custom game content directory" from launcher. On Vita files get little messed up together when you launch only .grp. (it tried to load maps from wrong file i think). So i deleted DUKE3D.grp completly and have only BLOODCM.grp in folder. It works great, only problem is unplayable framerate (and no music,sound is ok). I will send you link to my whole Eduke32 folder in PM so you can just copy it and check it. With better framerate this would be pretty good way to play Blood on Vita:)
Music will be probably available in my current debug build since i've implemented original MIDI musics support (So no need of autoload to get music to work).
NBlood by the way already works but has several stability issues on Vita, stuttering and in general a poor framerate at the moment.
imortis

Post by imortis »

Great. I guess Vita should be powerfull enough to handle Blood. Maybe in lower resolution. (PSP port of Shadow Warior works fine,but controls are crazy ). I think Vita is great place to replay old classics like this.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

imortis wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:08 pm Great. I guess Vita should be powerfull enough to handle Blood. Maybe in lower resolution. (PSP port of Shadow Warior works fine,but controls are crazy ). I think Vita is great place to replay old classics like this.
As for Shadow Warrior, i've asked to EDuke32 main developers and they told me there's still not a really good option for ports (All the existing Shadow Warrior source ports are meant not to be portable differently to EDuke32 main sourcebase.). There's still no Shadow Warrior port based on EDuke32 (What NBlood does for Blood for example).
alcoatjez

Post by alcoatjez »

dr_bunsen wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 pm Can the expansion packs such as Duke It Out In DC and Caribbean Vacation be played with EDuke32 Vita? If they can, how must the files be stored and selected?
Just drop the GRP in the directory and you can select it at launch. You can choose which one to load.
LightningPL

Post by LightningPL »

Hi Rinnegatamante what's an actual status of NBlood for Vita? is it playable ? I want to refresh this classic game and help you in testing process. Could you share latest vpk file for NBlood for testing ? Thank you so much. I'm amazed for your works in all classic game ports created for PSVita. Thank you once again.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

LightningPL wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:05 pm Hi Rinnegatamante what's an actual status of NBlood for Vita? is it playable ? I want to refresh this classic game and help you in testing process. Could you share latest vpk file for NBlood for testing ? Thank you so much. I'm amazed for your works in all classic game ports created for PSVita. Thank you once again.
The game works fine perfectly but there's only a major issue making it unplayable: most of the player animations cause huge stutterings (eg, attempting to fire a dynamite candle causes a 2,5 sec freeze). I've no clue what could cause this issue and the problem is present on Switch port too (meaning is an issue related to the engine itself and not the port specifically) however on Switch it's mitigated (0,5s freeze for dynamite candles) due to better hardware (that's probably why NBlood on PC doesn't have said issue).
01y

Post by 01y »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:18 pm The game works fine perfectly but there's only a major issue making it unplayable: most of the player animations cause huge stutterings (eg, attempting to fire a dynamite candle causes a 2,5 sec freeze). I've no clue what could cause this issue and the problem is present on Switch port too (meaning is an issue related to the engine itself and not the port specifically) however on Switch it's mitigated (0,5s freeze for dynamite candles) due to better hardware (that's probably why NBlood on PC doesn't have said issue).
This may be of interest :) :
https://github.com/nukeykt/NBlood/pull/75

Return to “HENkaku”