Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Post Reply
Shadow_StarLust
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:00 am

Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by Shadow_StarLust »

I was just curious to see if anyone was working on a port. since i see more talk than anything about how it could run.
Advertising
CPUzX
Moderator
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by CPUzX »

Shadow_StarLust wrote:I was just curious to see if anyone was working on a port. since i see more talk than anything about how it could run.
Very unlikely at this point in time. It would be better to wait for the full release of HENkaku's source code and let HENkaku mature a bit longer before somebody decides to take on the task of a hugely demanding emulator such as the Dreamcast.
Advertising
jvabbdac
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by jvabbdac »

His talk about a port. Just be reasonable, ps vita doesn't have enough power to emu dreamcast, 64 emu it's more plausible, and we are far to emulate it yet. Some snes games still slow or just crash.
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7599
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [fate6@Canterlot ~]$

Re: Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by fate6 »

Dreamcast is possible but its the theoretical line as to how high we could go at the moment.
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
MooMooMan
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:39 pm
Location: McMurdo, Antartica

Re: Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by MooMooMan »

Perhaps limited Gamecube emulation is possible. PS2 is out of the question because of the architecture and nature of the PS2 hardware which makes it very hard to emulate.... Gamecube emulation seems more likely.
Quite funny, the gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, yet the Dolphin emulator easily outperforms the PCSX2 emulator by a wide margin.

If we overclock the vita a bit more and optimize some code, perhaps we could get SOME games working.
Ps Vita 1000 3.60 HenKaku
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Black)
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Silver)
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7599
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [fate6@Canterlot ~]$

Re: Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by fate6 »

MooMooMan wrote:Perhaps limited Gamecube emulation is possible. PS2 is out of the question because of the architecture and nature of the PS2 hardware which makes it very hard to emulate.... Gamecube emulation seems more likely.
Quite funny, the gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, yet the Dolphin emulator easily outperforms the PCSX2 emulator by a wide margin.

If we overclock the vita a bit more and optimize some code, perhaps we could get SOME games working.
iirc the way the PS2 functions is a pain in the booty which makes it hard to emulate.
But yea I could see a GC emu working about as well as the PSP N64 if not maybe a tad better but I doubt it would ever be more then a nifty PoC that plays mostly Mario Sunshine.
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
law56kerx
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Re: Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by law56kerx »

How about a playstation one emulator? Is it feasible? that's what i want
CPUzX
Moderator
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Is Anyone working on a DreamCast emultator for vita?

Post by CPUzX »

law56kerx wrote:How about a playstation one emulator? Is it feasible? that's what i want
lol. A PS1 emulator... Well, there already is a PS1 emulator inside the Vita, but right now, it's still locked out in comparison to what Vitamin allows. Sometime in the future, the PS Vita's native (Sony PS1 emulator) inside the Vita will be unlocked though, as I can expect sometime soon
Post Reply

Return to “HENkaku”