Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Converting PSP ISOs to PKG Files

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Converting PSP IOSs to PKG Files

Post by fate6 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:36 pm

SageX85 wrote:Just to registered to make clear something:

This thread transformed from trying to "convert PSP isos, UMD images, to PKG" to "how to install oficial PKGs of games you already own via other than PS3" right?
Yep
I haven't been keeping up with this but it seems you can get any PSP/PS1 game on the Vita provided you own the game on PSN so you can get a license file for your account.

Then just shove the rif into the Vita and the pkg installer should let you install the game since it sees you own it from what I gather.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Kankertje

Post by Kankertje » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Cool if it works, but i remember that psp .rif were smaller than vita .rif for psp stuff
Advertising

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Kankertje wrote:Cool if it works, but i remember that psp .rif were smaller than vita .rif for psp stuff
Well we apparently have confirmation already so IDK.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

ErnieBall

Post by ErnieBall » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:52 pm

fate6 wrote:
Kankertje wrote:Cool if it works, but i remember that psp .rif were smaller than vita .rif for psp stuff

It does work. The .rif from PSP2 which i copied from my PSP is 512B in size, just like the .rif files i had on my vita allready (from PSP games i installed the usual way)

To be honest, it was so easy, that i couldn't believe noone had tried it before.
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:04 pm

ErnieBall wrote:
fate6 wrote:

It does work. The .rif from PSP2 which i copied from my PSP is 512B in size, just like the .rif files i had on my vita allready (from PSP games i installed the usual way)

To be honest, it was so easy, that i couldn't believe noone had tried it before.
And now I wish I would have gotten the PSN version while it was available ;_;
And yea this seems like on of those things that was so simple no one bothered to try.

z2442

Post by z2442 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:17 pm

It works surprising but it does. I only tested ps1 games. Ex:crash bandicoot. Licenses seem to be the same but looks like we just needed pkg installer to make the "_sce_ebootpbp" files it seems.
PSP 1000 6.60 ME

aedando

Post by aedando » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Wazzup guys, Installed Package Manager's DEX version recently and I need some help.

I just bought Crash Team Racing on my PSN account (I only have one, don't use multiple) and downloaded the PKG via MediaGo, and then installed the game on my PSP to obtain the .rif file (it is 152kb, not 512kb like the rest of the .rif's on my Vita).

I have both the PKG and the .rif file. I have the PKG in my PSV Packages folder for QCMA, and I transferred the .rif file to /pspemu/PSP/LICENSE/

Package Manager is working fine, however when I go to transfer the game's PKG (with the .rif file in ux0:/pspemu/PSP/LICENSE/) I get an error (C0-14478-4)...

Can anyone here who's done it successfully help me? Not too sure where I'm going wrong.

Ch3ck3r

Post by Ch3ck3r » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:35 pm

aedando wrote:Wazzup guys, Installed Package Manager's DEX version recently and I need some help.

I just bought Crash Team Racing on my PSN account (I only have one, don't use multiple) and downloaded the PKG via MediaGo, and then installed the game on my PSP to obtain the .rif file (it is 152kb, not 512kb like the rest of the .rif's on my Vita).

I have both the PKG and the .rif file. I have the PKG in my PSV Packages folder for QCMA, and I transferred the .rif file to /pspemu/PSP/LICENSE/

Package Manager is working fine, however when I go to transfer the game's PKG (with the .rif file in ux0:/pspemu/PSP/LICENSE/) I get an error (C0-14478-4)...

Can anyone here who's done it successfully help me? Not too sure where I'm going wrong.
Do you have enough free space on your Vita? I get an error (not sure if it's the same) when don't have enough free space on my memory card.
fate6 wrote:
LS7 wrote:Is there any work around from having the psp. I dont own a psp. i own a ps3 if that helps. but it is not modded i would neeed to get a flasher to mod mine since its on newest fw
You would need to get the pkg from somewhere or run the connection through a proxy sniffer thingy to get the pkg link yourself then just grab the rif from the PSP.
Why do everyone think about to get the .pkg from PSP, MediaGo or PS3? You only need one of them for your .rif license file. The .pkg can be downloaded from PC or whatever. You only need to search here for your .pkg http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... slinks.txt
If some .pkgs aren't there, any link should be found through google.
Blue PSP 3004: 6.61 LME-2.3 ∞
White PSP go N1004: 6.61 LME-2.3 ∞
Black PS Vita 1004: 3.60 変革-10 Ensō
Black PS TV 1016: 3.60 変革-10 Ensō

aedando

Post by aedando » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Ch3ck3r wrote:
aedando wrote:Wazzup guys, Installed Package Manager's DEX version recently and I need some help.

Do you have enough free space on your Vita? I get an error (not sure if it's the same) when don't have enough free space on my memory card.
I have 3144 MB free. Should be more than enough for just a 311MB PSone title.

I'm using the PCH-2000 (Slim) if that matters.

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Ch3ck3r wrote:

fate6 wrote:
LS7 wrote:Is there any work around from having the psp. I dont own a psp. i own a ps3 if that helps. but it is not modded i would neeed to get a flasher to mod mine since its on newest fw
You would need to get the pkg from somewhere or run the connection through a proxy sniffer thingy to get the pkg link yourself then just grab the rif from the PSP.
Why do everyone think about to get the .pkg from PSP, MediaGo or PS3? You only need one of them for your .rif license file. The .pkg can be downloaded from PC or whatever. You only need to search here for your .pkg http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... slinks.txt
If some .pkgs aren't there, any link should be found through google.
It will be a cold day in heck when I go to crackinformers site.
But yes I know there are many ways of getting the pkg but getting the actual link is best IMHO.

Return to “HENkaku”