Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Better dev workflow?

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
w00tguy123

Better dev workflow?

Post by w00tguy123 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:33 am

AFAIK the fastest way to update your homebrew is to switch to molecular shell, start ftp, transfer eboot, then restart your homebrew.

There has to be some better way to do it. I looked into using sceAppMgrLoadExec, which loads an eboot from app0, but the problem with that is app0 is read-only, so I can't just write a new eboot and launch it. Even the app folder in ux0 is read-only.

Maybe there is some way bypass the read-only restriction on the app folder/partition? Maybe the SDK can build a PRX and then the homebrew can load new code that way (like how psplink did it)?
Advertising

tomtomdu80
Buffer Overflow

Re: Better dev workflow?

Post by tomtomdu80 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:56 am

I'm not sure, but IIRC, libFios2 can write to app0. I'm really not sure, and I've never been able to initialize this library myself, TBH. But some applications use it (PSM Dev Assistant ?), so it might be possible to reverse the initialiaztion process and implement it again.
Advertising

w00tguy123

Re: Better dev workflow?

Post by w00tguy123 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:35 am

Thanks for the tip. In my reading of [REDACTED] it does look like there is a way to use fios to "override" files in app0.

I'll post the method here if I can get it to work.

Return to “HENkaku”