Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release]Host HENkaku - On Windows/Linux/OSX/Android

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Kosuke

Re: Host HENkaku locally - Now easier to setup

Post by Kosuke » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:17 am

i cant even find iis on win 10 so yea does this work for me help trying to do this.
Advertising

enigma Hall

Post by enigma Hall » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:43 am

I really want a android alternative. Is even possible or never will happen?
Advertising

NullMan

Post by NullMan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:30 am

There is an easy way. Super vague on purpose btw.

Thing is. For some reason the developers of the exploit don't want it locally executed. So sharing that information is probably going to *** them off.

We should respect the exploit was given for 100% free no strings attached, and the best way to load it is through the official website. Let's keep it real.

I'm guessing they don't want easy offline loaders because it will lead to lusers making $$$ off it, selling jailbroken vitas. Only thing I could think of... Or maybe the local method will lead to more things being patched.

Imo all information about offline loaders are only hurting the scene. The dudes who made it decide how it should work. Circumventing their efforts isn't going to motivate them to do more for you guys.

Well, It is possible, maybe they don't care either way? I could be wrong. That would make things strange...

Kosuke

Post by Kosuke » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:43 am

i just want it so when i get out of bootcamp i can still use it hopefully it will still be up

meetpatty

Re: [Release]Host HENkaku - Now with linux and osx support

Post by meetpatty » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:18 am

New release is out, multiplatform support with node.js: https://github.com/meetpatty/HENkaku-we ... /releases/

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:51 am

NullMan wrote: Well, It is possible, maybe they don't care either way? I could be wrong. That would make things strange...
I don't think Team molecule released expecting people wouldn't probe into their code on day 1. I think you're right that they're trying to stall Sony for as long as possible, but they also stated they would make the whole thing open source ultimately.
If anything they might be concerned about the risks of malware distribution through other sites that would pretend to host a mirror. Or sites hosting an old version of the payload, leading to bogus bug reports (Yifanlu has called me out on this at some point when I was hosting an old version or Rejuvenate)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:53 am

wololo wrote:
NullMan wrote: Well, It is possible, maybe they don't care either way? I could be wrong. That would make things strange...
I don't think Team molecule released expecting people wouldn't probe into their code on day 1. I think you're right that they're trying to stall Sony for as long as possible, but they also stated they would make the whole thing open source ultimately.
If anything they might be concerned about the risks of malware distribution through other sites that would pretend to host a mirror. Or sites hosting an old version of the payload, leading to bogus bug reports (Yifanlu has called me out on this at some point when I was hosting an old version or Rejuvenate)
We waited a week to see if there was any major bug in the code. It would have been bad, if for example, there was a bricking bug and everyone downloaded a copy and hosted it. Then users would have to figure out which site is still hosting the old bugged version. After a week and 35k users we didn't see anything too major (plus we added dynarec), so it's a good time to release the files.

DJPlace

Post by DJPlace » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:31 am

so if i install this i don't need internet? i can run the browser and it starts up just like that?

trying to play a game here leave my ALONE!!

Kosuke

Post by Kosuke » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:42 am

wonder whats going to happen now that Yifanlu did that

meetpatty

Post by meetpatty » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:06 am

wonder whats going to happen now that Yifanlu did that
I chalk up the work I have done as a lesson in creating a nodejs web service :D

Return to “HENkaku”