A new major release (v.4.0) is available for download!
I'm actually working into extending vitaQuake to make it suitable to be adapted to WRATH: Aeon of Ruin once it will release so expect more and more extensions to come to vitaQuake. This release sets up the grounds for advanced mods support with external textures support, external entities support, limit remotions, Half Life BSP and BSP2 support as well as bugfixes, optimization and new contents (eg. SSAA support).
- Updated to latest vitaGL commit.
- Minor speedup changes in vitaGL related code.
- Implemented DarkPlaces's extensions system (EBFS).
- Added several new QuakeC commands. (See below for the complete list).
- Added several new DarkPlaces extensions support (See below for the complete list).
- Added support for pak files with names different from pak#.pak.
- Added support for custom crosshairs (More info below).
- Made float arithmetic operations faster with NEON ARM code usage where possible.
- Added support for custom args at launch time.
- Added support for Half Life BSP.
- Removed static entities number limit.
- Removed efrags number limit.
- Fixed -mem launch arg. Now works as expected.
- Huge code cleanup.
- Added support for -bat launch arg to launch vitaQuake with a batch file.
- Added support for transparent surfaces (U_ALPHA and U_RENDERAMT).
- Increased edicts max number limit from 600 to 32768.
- Increased alias model vertices number limit from 1024 to 5120.
- Made possible to use mods with shareware Quake pak files.
- Added host_timescale command support to alter game speed.
- Increased vitaQuake main thread stack size.
- Added EndFrame function support for entities.
- Fixed a potential out of bounds bug in particles code.
- Added support for external entities file in .ent format.
- Added Water Opacity voice in Options menu.
- Implemented map downloader. Now when joining an online server, map will be downloaded if missing.
- Added sv_progs support to use custom progs.dat files.
- Added left and right handed weapon positioning.
- Added set and seta commands support.
- Added support for 64k globals in progs.dat.
- Added BSP2 support.
- Added support to EF_BLUE, EF_RED and EF_NODRAW effects.
- Added support for external textures in .tga format.
- Added writeconfig and saveconfig commands support.
- Reworked Options menu, now Graphics settings will have their own menu.
- Unbinded 2D rendering from 3D ones. Now it's possible to scale 2D rendering only and viceversa.
- Added supersampling anti-aliasing (SSAA) support.
- Fixed some flaws in models loading that could lead to memory corruption.
- Implemented an hardcoded patch for original Quake charset that improves Y letter glyph quality.
- Increased alias model triangles number limit from 2048 to 4096.
- Made so that .lit files won't be loaded from id1 folder if a mod/missionpack is loaded (fixes several bugs with lightmaps in missionpacks and mods).
- Increased default hunk mem size from 32MB to 64MB.
New QuakeC commands:
Supported DarkPlaces extensions:
Example of working bat file:
Thanks to all my Patroners for their awesome support:
Code: Select all
quake -game YPOD +map start -mem 96
- Dieter B
- Count Duckula
- Daniel Krusenbaum
- Eduardo Minguez
- Gelson Silva
- Igor Kovacs Biscaia
- Jared Breland
- Lars Zondervan
- Nel MacAlasdair
- Oleg Des
- Samuel Batista
- Tain Sueiras
- The Vita3k Project
- Thomas Würgler
- Troy Murray
Starting with vitaQuake v.4.0, it will be possible to use a completely custom crosshair with the game.
To do so, you should create a file named xhair.bin and place it in ux0:data/Quake/GAMEFOLDER folder (GAMEFOLDER will be id1 for main Quake for example).
This file must contains 64 bytes that will define the 8x8 crosshair glyph. A byte set at 0xFE will mean a visible pixel. A byte set at 0xFF will mean an invisible pixel.
The custom crosshair usage can be enabled in Options menu. If no xhair.bin is provided, when Custom crosshair will be set, QuakeWorld crosshair2 will be used.
You can also alter crosshair color by setting these three values in config.cfg:
crosshaircolor_r, crosshaircolor_g, crosshaircolor_b.
By default these three values are set at 255, 255, 0.
P.S. Related to mods support, vitaQuake GitHub readme now provides a list of already tested mods and their working state: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQuake