Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Rejuvenate homebrew game idea SSF2

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
xyler

Rejuvenate homebrew game idea SSF2

Post by xyler »

So there is this project Called Super Smash Flash 2 (SSF2) which is based on the super smash bros serie from Ninteno (not al clone for copyright reasons ;)). It's uses 8bit styled sprites but it still looks pretty cool if you ask me. This game runs on flash and can be played on a webbrowser (here: http://www.mcleodgaming.com/viewflash.p ... &type=game) or it can be downloaded to play locally. It can also be played on a android phone if you don't mind messing around a bit. So I think the game is pretty awesome, but I don't have the programming skills to make flash run on the PS Vita (and don't know enough about it to know if it is even possible with recently announced exploit). So I just wanted to get the idea out there because playing smash on my Vita would be pretty awesome (I know, I should buy a 3ds & I know I cal also play Smash on a N64 emulator). Just made a little pic of what it would look like.
Advertising
Attachments
idee.jpg
idee.jpg (61.39 KiB) Viewed 6489 times
notwololo

Re: Rejuvenate homebrew game idea SSF2

Post by notwololo »

Haha cool idea no doubt, I hope someone perhaps does this.
Advertising
Definitely notwololo
8pcd

Post by 8pcd »

To port it i dont think thats possible. But im sure someone could make something like that from scratch. I dont give you a promise but maybe ill try it.
xyler

Post by xyler »

It does not need to be ported, because it runs on flash. Only a well working flashplayer would be required (as far as I know). Would be really cool if you made a game like this though :)
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

As much as I'd love a flash game player on the Vita, the problem with it would also be the problem with any swf player on anything not a computer, in that all flash games use the keyboard and/or mouse to control them, and it would be difficult to translate the right keys or mouse clicks/movements to the buttons on a device, unless the swf player had options to change the key bindings on a whim.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS Vita (32 GB Memory Stick): Henkaku Enso 3.60
PS4
8pcd

Post by 8pcd »

We could make the game from scratch using the vita controlls.
smithsf0x

Post by smithsf0x »

Well I think, mapping the hardware keys to an keyboard is not that hard. The same goes for mouse and analog pad.
Glitchs2d

Post by Glitchs2d »

If one were to decompile the game you could get the source code and port it over to the vita. There are some ethical issues involved in that though. The most ethical way, but maybe not the most efficient method would be to create a flash player for the vita. The worry in that would be how well can the vita run it, because flash can be a cpu hog.

Return to “Rejuvenate”