Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How do I get my lost space after Failed Transfer from FTP

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
leeham1234

How do I get my lost space after Failed Transfer from FTP

Post by leeham1234 »

Today, I tried to transfer about 1.6gb vpk file into ux:0/VPK (I made VPK folder, just to store my vpk files) throught FTP. (Filezilla)
However, at the half way of transferring the file, my vita created an error and vitashell stopped working.
I tried to close the app and reopen it, but when I tried to open the bubble, instead of showing the another page, the bubble moved to next slide and disappeared.
It seemed weird so I rebooted my vita and when into my vitashell (successfully went in). However, I noticed that my vita card space was lost by about 800mb. I tried to fix it by looking at other forums, but unfortunately I could not find the solution. I even tried to find the folders in ux:0 to find the folder containing the failed transfer file.
Weirdly, I added all the spaces of UX:0 folders (by looking at properties), but it was 800mb smaller than the size that vitashell tells you when you home menu (ex. ux0: 12.54gb/14.41gb 01/01/2000/00:00AM)
Is there any way to get my lost space due to failed transfer through FTP? Do I really have to format my card?
Advertising
leeham1234

Re: How do I get my lost space after Failed Transfer from FT

Post by leeham1234 »

I googled more about my issue. I realized that if you failed to download something and some files were left in the memory, you can see "system" under the category of others taking up large space in content manager app.
I read some posts that you need to erase files in ptmp folders or delete left over vpk files. However, I had nothing in ptmp folder and deleted all my vpk files just in case if it would help recovering my lost spaces.

I originally saw my failed file in my folder and I deleted right away (at this time, the space of the file showed up as 0.0kb). I think I deleted only part of my file??? Just in case I deleted my vpk folder where I transferred my original file.
Still, it did not fix my issue. Does someone know how to fix this?
Advertising
DaRipa

Post by DaRipa »

Have you tried to create a folder with the exact name and copy the same vpk with the same name over then delete it?
darkenvy

Post by darkenvy »

You could also create an empty file, name it the exact same and transfer that successfully.
PSVita 1 : Unboxed → 1.61 → Everybody's Tennis Exploit → 1.81 → Urbanix Exploit
PSVita 2 : 1.813.51 → Rejuvinate & TN-V
PSTV 1 : 3.35 → Whitelist Hack & Rejuvinate
PSTV 2 : Latest FW Always

Return to “Support”