Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Transfer Vita games from PS3 to Vita with QCMA

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
mrgold

[OPEN] Transfer Vita games from PS3 to Vita with QCMA

Post by mrgold »

Hi guys,

I recently bought a PS Vita with low firmware (3.16 or 3.18, can't remember right now) and would like to buy a game on PSN and transfer it to my Vita from my PS3 without updating the Vita.

I have downloaded the demo of the game on my PS3 and was able to link my Vita to my PSN account by doing a system restore. I've also figured out how to use QCMA to connect the Vita to my PC correctly.

However, when I disconnect the Vita from my PC and then connect it to my PS3 I receive an error stating that I have to sign in to my PSN account on my PS3 (the same one as on the Vita). I've tried to sign in on my PS3 (without the Vita plugged in) and then disconnect my router, but then my PS3 just signs out (duh..).

Do I really need to be signed in on my PS3 to use this transfer trick with QCMA? None of the tutorials I've read clearly mention this. I just want to be sure that this is the correct way to do things so as not to do anything stupid..

Thanks!
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: [OPEN] Transfer Vita games from PS3 to Vita with QCMA

Post by fate6 »

PS3 must be signed in to the same account on the Vita, No way around it.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
mrgold

Post by mrgold »

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Sounds a little risky though.. Can't Sony see I am circumventing their update this way? Wouldn't want to be banned.. :(

I suppose this is also the only way to hack a Vita, by downloading one of the exploit games and transferring them to the Vita in this manner?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Meh SCE really only cares if you start cheating online, they ignore most everything as long as you keep it to yourself.
BTW you might want to update to 3.60 to use HENkaku + Adrenaline.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
mrgold

Post by mrgold »

Haven't really looked much at hacks yet, but I will.. Is there any difference in functionality between using an older firmware + hack and 3.60 + HENkaku + Adrenaline?

Do you need any exploit games or other games from the PS Store for HENkaku + Adrenaline?

I'm going to buy a PS4 in a couple of days and PSVR very soon and really don't want to ruffle any feathers. Perhaps it's better to just buy the cartridge instead, maybe second hand..
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

HENkaku only exists on 3.60 and is the only supported Vita native solution so while you can use an older firmware you would be stuck with PSP side only.
Adrenaline requires a PSP game of any kind so yea you need to get a demo or something via a PS3 for it to work but HENkaku is installed from the browser so it doesn't need anything.
DaRipa

Post by DaRipa »

Transferred a bunch of play station games from my ofw ps3 4.81 to vita using the henkaku update dns, just changed it on my router.

Return to “Support”