Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Advantages of firmware 3.18 against 3.52 and lower?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Juanmiglesias

Re: [OPEN] Advantages of firmware 3.18 against 3.52 and lowe

Post by Juanmiglesias »

HI there, I'm on the same page.. really confused.. I left the vita when I bought Talkman Travel Tokyo for 3.18.
my systems are:
- vita with exploitable talkman tokyo game at 3.18
- playstation TV at 3.52 with final fantasy tactics lion wars installed.
- also a cfw ps3 (how it compares to playing psp or playsation 1 games)
- has anyone got banned for playing emulators, psp or psx games?
I would like to have access to the free psn games, and thinking about compatibility on vita with TV... don't know if it will be better to mod the pstv instead of my vita, but then having the psp and playstation games on hand is good too.
What would you guys do?
Advertising
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

Juanmiglesias wrote:HI there, I'm on the same page.. really confused..
- vita with exploitable talkman tokyo game at 3.18
This needs an XS Moto PS1 game and TN-X to fully utilize its potential.

- playstation TV at 3.52 with final fantasy tactics lion wars installed.
IIRC, 3.52 can still write to the file system either through email or calendar tricks, so this one needs a whitelist hack and eCFW (ARK and/or TN-V11).

- also a cfw ps3 (how it compares to playing psp or playsation 1 games)
PSP game compatibility on PS3 was really low last time I tried, and PS1 games might be better to play on a PS TV. I would leave it for PS3 games/homebrew.

- has anyone got banned for playing emulators, psp or psx games?
I never heard of this and I doubt anyone will be ever banned, because we essentially ban ourselves by staying on an outdated firmware which is already incapable of PSN access. Using a PS3 with CFW might result in a ban, but I don't think they will go further than banning that PS3 and maybe an account; PS TV/Vita paired with that PS3 should remain unaffected (other than the loss of an account - make sure to backup act.dat and the registry if you feel like risking a ban)
Juanmiglesias wrote:I would like to have access to the free psn games
I already forgot when any PSN game worth playing was given for free in a PS Plus subscription, and I certainly wouldn't risk banning my PS3 to get them on my Vita.
Install eCFW with TN-X instead, then rip your PSP UMDs to ISOs and convert PS1 discs to EBOOTs to have free (as in you won't have to pay for them again) PSN games worth playing, I'd say.
Advertising
Juanmiglesias

Post by Juanmiglesias »

Thank you! that cleared a lot!, I did forgot to mention, I have 3 non modified ps3, and one CFW.. two of the ofw ps3 are linked to my psn account, the other one isn't, oh and one ps4. also got a psp 1000 cfw, x2 2000's, x1 3000's, and x1 go. just in case this helps.
- is it possible to transfer psn games from ofw ps3 to vita / vita tv in a lower fw?
- about the 3.18 vita, is it possible to manually update to 3.52 nowadays?, is the tokyo hack worth it?
Btw I already whitelisted my pstv, also did the swap memory trick, after using my vita card on TV, everything is back to normal on the vita.
Thanks again for your help!
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

- is it possible to transfer psn games from ofw ps3 to vita / vita tv in a lower fw?
I'm not sure about the PS TV, but for the Vita on an outdated firmware it's the only way of getting PSN content. You'll need QCMA to get around the firmware update requirement for the Vita and even then there are several games which simply cannot be transferred (and I think DLC can't be transferred either). Non-transferrable PS Vita-exclusive content requires restoration of a backup made on a Vita/TV which runs the latest firmware and is linked to the same account as the target Vita.

- about the 3.18 vita, is it possible to manually update to 3.52 nowadays?
Yes, but with TheZ's server being gone for good it's not an easy thing to do. You might want to get a cart with a game which requires firmware 3.52 (see the appropriate thread) and use that. Although I'd strongly advise against updating 3.18 Vita at all and recommend getting another (used) Vita for PSN or updating purposes instead.
You in particular don't seem to have a problem with owning many consoles which duplicate each other anyway.

- is the tokyo hack worth it?
It was the best in its time (before PBOOT bubbles arrived) because of the size and one-click autobooting of TN-V10 but it's still good nowadays (on firmwares which can still utilize PBOOT bubbles, <3.55?) because it's one of the smallest PSP games.

Return to “Support”