Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[SOLVED] Got double trouble over here

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
the_importer

[SOLVED] Got double trouble over here

Post by the_importer »

Hey there,

Following my last topic,I found out that the only game for firmware 3.51 (the Japanese DEMO for Toukiden: The Age of Demons) has been pulled from the PSN JPN store a while back. Now I need either a JPN Save Exploit of Mimana Iyar Chronicle or a way to switch to my US PSN account on my PS TV without updating the firmware and properly unlink my JPN account from it.

For those that don't know, formatting a Vita with PSN account leaves you two choices, properly unlink your PSN account, permitting to you register it with another system, but that requires you to update the firmware. Plan B is not unlinking it, which would screw me over if I want to use my JPN account on a 2nd device in the future.

Thank
Advertising
Last edited by the_importer on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyber

Re: Got double trouble over here

Post by Cyber »

the_importer wrote:Following my last topic,I found out that the only game for firmware 3.51 (the Japanese DEMO for Toukiden: The Age of Demons) has been pulled from the PSN JPN store a while back. Now I need either a JPN Save Exploit of Mimana Iyar Chronicle or a way to switch to my US PSN account on my PS TV without updating the firmware and properly unlink my JPN account from it.
I don't think that JPN exploited save data for Mimana was released, but since email app flaw is still useable on 3.51, you can add a custom PBOOT.PBP "patch" for your JPN PSP game to get TN-V or ARK eCFW on your PSTV without the exploited save data. I assume that you do have Mimana on your PS TV, of course.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... V_351.html
the_importer wrote:For those that don't know, formatting a Vita with PSN account leaves you two choices, properly unlink your PSN account, permitting to you register it with another system, but that requires you to update the firmware. Plan B is not unlinking it, which would screw me over if I want to use my JPN account on a 2nd device in the future.
There's no harm in leaving your PSTV registered to your JPN account, because every PSN account has room for 3 stationary consoles and 3 portable ones at the same time. So unless you've already activated 2 OTHER Vita/TVs on it, you will be able to activate additional devices on it in the future.
The device itself can be reset to factory defaults in the format menu or safe mode, thus removing PSN account from it (PSTV only 'forgets' that it had a PSN account on it, but your PSN account on Sony servers still has one of the three slots occupied by your PSTV this way) and permitting you to activate it on another PSN account (as long as that account still has a free slot for PSTV) by transferring the game from PS3 activated on the same account to avoid the update requirement.

So you can keep your JPN account as is and enjoy Rejuvenate/eCFW/homebrew/etc on your PSTV or you can format PSTV and activate it on your US account (using a PS3 already activated on your US account).
If you choose switching to US account, I recommend backing up files responsible for the activation status of your JPN account before formatting. This will allow you to easily switch accounts, should you want to go back to JPN account.
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=45421
In fact, I recommend backing them up even if you stay on JPN account just in case.
Advertising
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

Cyber wrote:I don't think that JPN exploited save data for Mimana was released, but since email app flaw is still useable on 3.51, you can add a custom PBOOT.PBP "patch" for your JPN PSP game to get TN-V or ARK eCFW on your PSTV without the exploited save data. I assume that you do have Mimana on your PS TV, of course.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... V_351.html
Just to see if I understood this properly, I can buy the Japanese version of the game and use the e-mail exploit?
Cyber wrote:There's no harm in leaving your PSTV registered to your JPN account, because every PSN account has room for 3 stationary consoles and 3 portable ones at the same time. So unless you've already activated 2 OTHER Vita/TVs on it, you will be able to activate additional devices on it in the future.
The device itself can be reset to factory defaults in the format menu or safe mode, thus removing PSN account from it (PSTV only 'forgets' that it had a PSN account on it, but your PSN account on Sony servers still has one of the three slots occupied by your PSTV this way) and permitting you to activate it on another PSN account (as long as that account still has a free slot for PSTV) by transferring the game from PS3 activated on the same account to avoid the update requirement.

So you can keep your JPN account as is and enjoy Rejuvenate/eCFW/homebrew/etc on your PSTV or you can format PSTV and activate it on your US account (using a PS3 already activated on your US account).
If you choose switching to US account, I recommend backing up files responsible for the activation status of your JPN account before formatting. This will allow you to easily switch accounts, should you want to go back to JPN account.
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=45421
In fact, I recommend backing them up even if you stay on JPN account just in case.
Oh, well that's good to know, I thought it was a maximum of 2 devices,
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

I think that any normal PSP game works with PBOOT method (or, rather, I heard about the problems only with PSP minis). I would look for the smallest and cheapest PSP game or even a demo, such as Ape Quest.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... tgame.html

It's 6 devices total, 3 per category.
Although using 'child' accounts may allow for even more. There's no limit on the number of 'children' per normal 'adult' account afaik, but 'children' can never grow up and turn into 'adults'.
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

Cyber wrote:I think that any normal PSP game works with PBOOT method (or, rather, I heard about the problems only with PSP minis). I would look for the smallest and cheapest PSP game or even a demo, such as Ape Quest.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... tgame.html
Well I got te RocoLoco Carnival DEMO from the JPN PSN Store and followed the video in the guide you've posted. I got to the point where I'm trying to transfer the save data that's on my PC. I see the PSP save file from my PS TV, but when I start the transfer, I get the C0-7935-4 error . The difference between my steps the ones in the video is that I get prompted about overwriting the current data that's on my PS TV.

I turned the system off and tried again, same deal. I wasted my entire weekend trying to get this to work, I hope it's worth it :(

EDIT: Never mind that issue, I deleted everything and start over and it worked. I got to the point of installing the 6.60 files from the Advance section of the recovery menu but now, I get another error: C1-2858-3

And now, I'm going to bed, passed 01:14 in the morning here and it's back to work in 7 hours :(

Return to “Support”