Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Unactivated Vita on 3.18 OFW - What are my options?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Elydan

[OPEN] Unactivated Vita on 3.18 OFW - What are my options?

Post by Elydan »

Hi everyone, I've been searching for hours but still can't understand much, this is my situation:
I have a PSVita FAT, NOT activated with the PSN, no exploit games (obviously) and no ps3. It's on OFW 3.18.
Can I even do something with it or does every hack requires a ps3\exploit game?
Also, I still don't understand if registering it with the PSN will automatically update the firmware, as every hack I read requires Content Manager to work, and even with QCMA set as version 3.10 opening the Content manager on the Vita it asks me to register it with the PSN...
What can I do? Should I just update to 3.51 and use Rejuvenate? I'd really like to play PSP games and homebrews and I heard 3.18 is the best OFW for hacks.
Thanks in advance.
Advertising
nCadeRegal

Re: [OPEN] Unactivated Vita on 3.18 OFW - What are my option

Post by nCadeRegal »

3.18 is the fw thats most desirable, but not having a ps3, or another vita I'm not sure it can be activated. Do you have any friends with a vita or ps3? If not I don't see any other way to activate it for games other than those two options. I don't know of any activation tricks through the email hack, but at 3.55 you lose the ability to access those. See if the Myanmar game is still available on a pc, if so you can get what you seek through that but you will have to update, and also buy the game through pc or a phone, then once it's in your dl list you can get it through the store on your vita. Good luck
Advertising
[spoiler]Ps3 Phat 80gb 4.65 Ferrox, Ps3 Slim 120gb 4.65 Darknet, Ps3 Slim 320gb 4.66 OFW, Ps4 Destiny Bundle, Vita 1K OFW, Vita 1K TN-v, to many PSP's to list, Vita TV OFW, Collector of consoles[/spoiler]
Elydan

Post by Elydan »

nCadeRegal wrote:3.18 is the fw thats most desirable, but not having a ps3, or another vita I'm not sure it can be activated. Do you have any friends with a vita or ps3? If not I don't see any other way to activate it for games other than those two options. I don't know of any activation tricks through the email hack, but at 3.55 you lose the ability to access those. See if the Myanmar game is still available on a pc, if so you can get what you seek through that but you will have to update, and also buy the game through pc or a phone, then once it's in your dl list you can get it through the store on your vita. Good luck
dang... Thanks though. Now I managed to connect an account without updating (after formatting the system) but it still asks me to update the firmware when I try to connect it to the QCMA. How can I activate it if I have a friend with a ps3? What do I do then?
Thanks a lot
Elydan

Post by Elydan »

Ok for some reason QCMA is working now... Can I do anything with it? Seems like I can transfer apps, or at least, it doesn't stop me.
zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 »

I have an unactivated pstv 3.36

the ps3 method is NOT working to activate it.

Sony appears to have disabled the ability to download psp games on the ps3 completely.

what are MY options?
Elydan

Post by Elydan »

seems like I got Rejuvenate to work too...
Dbrandy

Post by Dbrandy »

Elydan wrote:seems like I got Rejuvenate to work too...
Hi, please i will like to know, how did you get it to work? Mine is at firmware 3.30, will appreciate your feedback.. Thanks!
psvita2212

Post by psvita2212 »

zaphod77 wrote:I have an unactivated pstv 3.36

the ps3 method is NOT working to activate it.

Sony appears to have disabled the ability to download psp games on the ps3 completely.

what are MY options?
It seems you're not using it right. You can download PSP games via the PS3. Just go to account management and past transactions, there you can ask the PS3 to download a psp game for you. You will then need to run vita blocker on a proxy and point your ps3 at that proxy. Then connect the vita to the ps3 via usb cable and run content manager to transfer the game over.
wolololloyd

Post by wolololloyd »

Elydan wrote:Hi everyone, I've been searching for hours but still can't understand much, this is my situation:
I have a PSVita FAT, NOT activated with the PSN, no exploit games (obviously) and no ps3. It's on OFW 3.18.
Can I even do something with it or does every hack requires a ps3\exploit game?
Also, I still don't understand if registering it with the PSN will automatically update the firmware, as every hack I read requires Content Manager to work, and even with QCMA set as version 3.10 opening the Content manager on the Vita it asks me to register it with the PSN...
What can I do? Should I just update to 3.51 and use Rejuvenate? I'd really like to play PSP games and homebrews and I heard 3.18 is the best OFW for hacks.
Thanks in advance.

if your friend has ps3 create an account to ps3 using your accnt. then download any game from psn and transfer it to psvita.......thats it your psvita is now acctivated
Coulsty

Post by Coulsty »

IM running 3.35 firmware and was having the same problem as OP.

I actually managed to get QCMA working without using PS3. This is how I did it.

1. Made a PSN account on SOny website.
2. Rebooted Vita, loading it up into safe mode (google this I forgot the buttons to do it).
3. Reformat Vita (option 4 in safe mode)
4. Reboot and login into PSN while first setting up vita. It asked for Wifi login info info which I gave it and registered my device without having to update.

Then follow these instructions I found in another thread.

1. Set your vita in airplane mode and restart it.
2. Restart your pc.
3. Open QCMA and go to settings -> other.
4. Tick Offline Mode, Skip metadata extraction and disable WI-Fi monitoring (Make sure it's using the right protocol)
5. Plug your vita in and start CMA. If it gives and error, just close QCMA on your PC and start it again and try connecting again, then it should work.

Return to “Support”