Ok this is how it goes, the Rejuvenate Loader has been released, and it is now possible to run homebrew (as of now only an hello world has been released as proof of concept) there is (as of now) only one way of running this, and is by having a developer key (a way without the key is sure to come out in the next days weeks) though if you don't want to wait, you need a key to run homebrew as of now.
But how do we get the key since the psm dev program is closed? well you can still get a key from a friend, and this is where this thread will come in hand.
Firstly I debated if i should post this over here, but since keys can't be stolen and can be only used by the person who generated the seed, everyone should be fine.
So let's start.
psm dev app installed on your psvita
a friend with a dev key
psm publishing utility
- You, yes you, the one with no key, wanting a key, you need to be the first one to do something, open your psm publishing utility, connect your psvita to your pc through USB, and power it on.
- As soon as it powers on, select the psm dev app.
- On your pc you should see your psvita, select your psvita, and click on the seed with a plus sign.
this will generate your device seed.
- Now we need to export the seed, again select your psvita just like you did previously, but click on the button with a seed and outwards arrow to export it, give a name, save it somewhere on your pc, but DO NOT CHANGE the file name.
Now share the device seed here on the thread with someone that has a psm dev key
The owner of a psm dev key should now have the key you gave him
- again open the psm publishing utility
- in "application ID lis of PSM app" click on the plus sign
- I selected the ballmaze demo for this example but i still need to check if it works.
- then on the right side import the seed by clicking on the seed with the inwards arrow.
- select the seed of your friend.
- once the seed is selected click on the key with a plus sign, and input your psm credentials it will generate a key for your friend
- on the dialog box saying publisher key, press the export key (the key with an outward arrow)
- on the device list & app key list export the keyring as well (again the keyring with the outward arrow).
PM the keyring and the keyfile to your friend, as tomtomdu80 pointed out, sharing this publicly with your psn id may be dangerous.
Now you again, you are ready to import the given key and keyfile.
- on your publishing utility import the key by clicking in the key with inward arrow, and selecting the key file.
- now import the keyring by pressing the keychain with the inward arrow, and selecting the keyring file.
You are now ready to be able to launch homebrew
Now i am sorry but this is what i came up in 5 minutes, it may be inaccurate and have mistakes, but is understandable i think.
I ll leave my seed here and will wait for someone that has a key, to generate a a key and a keyring for me.
Will attach in a few secs.
Come on guys keep your seeds, keys and keyrings coming and let's help each other out.
- seed file
- (1.37 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Last edited by Pockets69
on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.