Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Returning to ps2 scene

AyeGuy

Returning to ps2 scene

Post by AyeGuy »

Any genius out there think they can maybe get freemcboot to work on later ps2 models or create a new softmodding technique in general.
Advertising
GhettoBeta59

Re: Returning to ps2 scene

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

I wouldn't think so, barely any PS2 sceners are out there anymore and they have no interest on the later PS2 models.
Advertising
AyeGuy

Post by AyeGuy »

I just want to beable to easily softmod my ps2 like the wii or psp, but i lack the intellegence on how to do so myself.
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

I'm assuming you have a scph-9xxxx with a date code later than 8A? You could see it and buy an older second hand one if you want back ups and home brew badly?

About a week and a half ago I picked up an old scph-7700x for $60 bucks with games and accessories. A few hours later I had Free MC Boot installed and backups running with ESR perfectly after a little cleaning of the laser :)

I have the PS2 bug now... I've got a satin silver fat model with a matrix infinity modchip in the post and i'm bidding on a PS2 network adapter on ebay so I can have a hard drive... So much win :D

If you live in australia PM me if you want to buy my FMCB slim?
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
AyeGuy

Post by AyeGuy »

Wait if my date code is 0D can i install freemcboot on it?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

AyeGuy wrote:Any genius out there think they can maybe get freemcboot to work on later ps2 models or create a new softmodding technique in general.
Don't open topics to request people to code this or that. You can open topics asking for help, but no request.
AyeGuy wrote:Wait if my date code is 0D can i install freemcboot on it?
I know there were two scph-90xxx series, one compatible with FMCB, another one not, google for which Play Station Driver version has FMCB patched and compare it with your console.
If you can't install FMCB then go for Swap Magic, on SCPH-90XXX consoles it's easier to install as you don't need to open the console itself
bigdome722

Post by bigdome722 »

What would i all need for this and is mine easier because it is the 30001 R model?
[spoiler]PSVITA- 3.01 OFW 16Gb
PS4
PS3- 4.55 OFW 160Gb
PSP 3000 - BRICKED
PSP 2000 - OFW 6.60 32Gb PRO-B10
PC - Vista
PS2 Running Free mcboot 1.8
Xbox Original Running Unleashed X
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DSI
Gameboy[/spoiler]
AyeGuy

Post by AyeGuy »

Acid_Snake wrote:
AyeGuy wrote:Any genius out there think they can maybe get freemcboot to work on later ps2 models or create a new softmodding technique in general.
Don't open topics to request people to code this or that. You can open topics asking for help, but no request.
AyeGuy wrote:Wait if my date code is 0D can i install freemcboot on it?
I know there were two scph-90xxx series, one compatible with FMCB, another one not, google for which Play Station Driver version has FMCB patched and compare it with your console.
If you can't install FMCB then go for Swap Magic, on SCPH-90XXX consoles it's easier to install as you don't need to open the console itself
I no longer need assistance so you may close this thread please
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

- locked per OP request

Return to “General”