Looking for the best PS4 emulator? look no further! on this page we will host a list of all the major PS4 emulators, to run PS4 games on your favorite machine (Windows, Linux, Android <– ha, we can dream, …), as soon as they are made available. If, on the other hand, you’re looking for emulators to run ON your PS4, then you might find what you’re looking for on our PS4 Jailbreak page.
Are PS4 emulators real?
Yes, to some extent. A system can only be emulated once it is fully understood. Building an emulator for the PS4 is a hard task and requires lots of work. This is technically doable only once it has fully been reverse engineered. This is technically a possibility since kernel exploits have been released for the system and multiple hackers have full access to the PS4. A few tinkerers have started working on PS4 emulators already (see list below), although their state might range from “barely working” to “ok” currently.
A full fledged PS4 emulator allows much more than simply running your favorite PS4 games on your PC or android device. It will also help enhance games visuals with added filters, could help decrease load times: the power provided by a full fledged PC could take the graphics and PS4 experience to a much higher level, like most emulators typically do. There are many benefits a PS4 emulator could bring to the table:
- Possibility to play many games without having to carry the discs
- Some emulators let you play online
- Games tend to run better/faster on emulators
- Graphics and sound can be dramatically improved with emulators (anti alias filters, etc…)
- Savestates: you can save a game wherever you want instead of relying on the game’s checkpoints
- Use the controller of your choice, gamepad, keyboard,…
- The possibility to play PS4 exclusive games on your favorite device
- Savegame compatibility means you can share savegames with friends
- PS4 Emulators also add features such as screenshots, video capture, etc…
fpPS4 PS4 Emulator for Windows
Kyty PS4 Emulator for Windows x64
Latest entry on the PS4 emulator scene, Kyty is an extremely promising emulator, that runs on Windows, has a user-friendly interface (considering its early stage development) and already runs some commercial games.
You can download Kyty from its github page.
GPCS4, PS4 Emulator for Windows
GPCS4 is a PS4 Emulator “done for fun, and for technical research” according to its Author Inori. The project has gone through several releases and runs some commercial games.
You can download GPCS4 from its github page (source code only for some releases)
Orbital, Experimental PS4 Emulator
Orbital is a an early-stage PS4 emulator. At the time of this writing, it is not suitable for end users, but is making progress almost on a daily basis, and is open source. This is currently one of the best bets at a long term PS4 emulator solution.
Download Orbital PS4 emulator
People who want to try Orbital will need to compile it from source, from the developer’s github.
Spine, PS4 Emulator for Linux
Spine is a PS4 emulator for Linux, allegedly the first PS4 emulator that was able to run commercial games.
Download Spine PS4 emulator
An update was shared on the project in 2022, with improved compatibility.
RPCS4, PS4 Emulator
A private project being worked on by one of the original developers of RPCS3, DH. This project target Linux for the time being.
No download of RPCS4 is available at the time of this writing.
PS4 emulators – beware of fakes!
Because this is still a work in progress, lots of website will claim they have a PS4 emulator ready for you to download. Some of them are just full of it and expect you to fill a survey for which they will get paid, and you will not get the PS4 emulator you are expecting. These sites typically make very dubious claims about their PS4 emulators that you need to be aware of, such as:
- They ask for email + account creation in order to download the emulator. It is suspicious if the site is not well known in the community and nobody has shared their emulator yet on other sites by now.
- They claim their system automatically downloads and runs any PS4 game automatically. Anyone who’s developed an emulator in their life knows that this would be the #1 way to get your project shut down legally, by directly associating the emulator with piracy.
- Weird technical claims about the emulator that do not match the typical geeky jargon of emu devs. For example, they talk about “doubling the frame rate” to 60FPS, which sounds not only suspicious, but also not what an actual emu developer would push as one of the main points of the emulator.
List of known Fake PS4 emulators:
- PCSX4 has been proven to be a fake PS4 emulator. The website is asking you to fill a survey and they never provide a valid download link. The emulator actually doesn’t exist and is just a bait to get you to fill the survey.
List of Legit PS4 emulators
More PS4 emulators will be added to this page as new information comes around