PSP complete pack(0.19.0 Eboot, 0.19.2 core sets, newSets..)

Additional Ressources for WTH : new cards, card images & more
Bas

Re: PSP complete pack(0.19.0 Eboot, 0.19.2 core sets, newSet

Post by Bas »

I wanted to measure the difference speeds I am encountering in card collection. And be it just to see if it is only my imagination or not.
I tried to capture with a smarthphone, but reflections totally ruined it.

I know did this the analog way; I scrolled 10 seconds each time through card collection. Results:
0192 449, with images: 32 cards
0192 449, without images: 33 cards (prob the same)
My wagic version (0190, R4789) with images: 47

All tests made with a freshly booted WTH.

So, from my tests, my version is roughly (ok, pretty much) 50% faster than anything being 0192 or above.

So I wonder, and feel free to do this everyone, how much do you reach with your version (state it please)?
Care to try out the different ones?
@iamnotone: Did you tune your PSP in one way or did specific firmware configurations such as clocking speed?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

I guess you have tried the new eboot 0.19.2.807 ?

It is quite similar to 726 so I am happy.

After I added images I checked out the deck editor but unfortunately it is still blurry.

I am sure that now people are looking at the code again it will be an easy fix.
More exciting is the fact that it sounds like the old engine is getting an update/overhaul.

The future looks promising.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

I think they intend to blurred the images in the deck editor when using the grid because of this issue:
https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/issues/582

But I can make an eboot if you want that doesn't use the thumbnails in the grid so it will not be blurry... example:
Bas

Post by Bas »

Yup, that and that the deck editor is roughly 1/3 slower than before. Unlike in second pic of your link all images were blurred and none were clear.
Bas wrote:I wanted to measure the difference speeds I am encountering in card collection. And be it just to see if it is only my imagination or not.
I tried to capture with a smarthphone, but reflections totally ruined it.

I know did this the analog way; I scrolled 10 seconds each time through card collection. Results:
0192 449, with images: 32 cards
0192 449, without images: 33 cards (prob the same)
My wagic version (0190, R4789) with images: 47

All tests made with a freshly booted WTH.

So, from my tests, my version is roughly (ok, pretty much) 50% faster than anything being 0192 or above.

So I wonder, and feel free to do this everyone, how much do you reach with your version (state it please)?
Care to try out the different ones?
@iamnotone: Did you tune your PSP in one way or did specific firmware configurations such as clocking speed?
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Ive seen what youre talking about, its not specific to psp. All systems running low res thumbnails end up with a very blurry deck editor. To the point where your better off building the deck with images off. I like the idea of the grid, however, i really really like what dotp did with thier deck editor. Its like our current carddisplays for library ect except you can click and drag cards down to add them to the deck. Its a bit of a mind boggle to me why we still run the old carasol mode instead of building a card display, ive had hundreds of cards in test decks to test extent of our systems carddisplay box, and it handles them so much better. Maybe once im caught up with the card coding and commit reveal, and finish token/counter multiplier...ill see if i cant cook up a better carasol deck edit that is similar to dotp version.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Just some small notes here; for now this is paused, mostly because there is active developing on the game engine again.

Also, there are problems with that girl image as shopkeeper which result in a poweroff of the PSP, if you switch back to old shopkeeper all should be fine again (I think instead of the poweroff you get major slowdowns in shop menu at these times instead).
Forums are down atm.

i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

Hi Bas,

I have the patches dated up until 20th April.

Was there any after that?

Which one had the girl shopkeeper? I cannot find her in any of the themes?
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

If you use the mtg theme, try deleting the sounds folder inside it and see if it crashes
Bas

Post by Bas »

Which one had the girl shopkeeper? I cannot find her in any of the themes?
I think it was inserted into the normal one. Silly me.

Yes, april "release" is kinda the newest:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66239&start=30#p97273

I do changes on my own config once in a while and could upload if there is interest, but that would come without any warranty at all.
Forums are down atm.

sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

I am using MTG Theme and I tried deleting the Sound file and it still crashes in game with premade g/r deck.

I am using PSP LQ Images & Wagic 0.19.2.1018 and I get freeze in game when trying to play G/R Deck.