Wagic nightly builds

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Wagic SVN builds

Post by wololo »

sandman423 wrote:Has anyone had issues of Freezing up on PSP with Latest SVN Builds...Been freezing up a lot in Game..I compiled yesterday around 11pm so whatever SVN that was...I unlock a new set in game and then I get slow down in Shop where everything is moving at a snails pace...Plus I can't seem to EVER put my game into Standby Mode on PSP 3000 because it will shut down when I try to take it out of Standby mode...I am guessing it's a Ram issue.
Not sure how much this will help but:
- have you tried some of the recommendations here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3138
- PSP is not our main target anymore, and I would expect future versions to get worse and worse for that platform, as we can't constantly improve the game while still paying attention to the old platforms. One thing that could really help is to start using an FPL for the images, to prevent malloc from fragmenting the ram. But this is huge work... anybody who has time should feel free to investigate this.
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

I just got the windows v.19 from this thread and I must say it's awesome :D .
I do have a question, was the option "random" removed from the opponent deck selection for the hermit druid game mode, or is there anything wrong with my wagic? I get the pick a random deck for the player, but for the opponent I only get the "Evil Twin" and the Decks no random :(
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

This could be a bug, I haven't tried hermit druid yet
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

just a quick chime,
if anyone notices a bug with any version, please check our code base bug reports

https://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/list

if its not listed here, please check our bugs section in the forum and open a thread there for the bug in question.
lets try to keep this thread focused on builds as much as possible.
Solotaire

Post by Solotaire »

I am unable to get the latest windows build to open on my box here, I do not have another machine to test on just as yet, though the Android version has little problem on my N7.

Some techincals:

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	Wagic.exe
  Application Version:	0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	518f532c
  Fault Module Name:	Wagic.exe
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	518f532c
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	0012d317
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Running W7x64. attempted in compatibility mode for XPSP2 and Vista.
This occurs at any CPU usage, and any memory usage (currently AMD FX6100/8GB RAM)

Wagic 1.8.6 works fine, and copying the core_190.zip over results in the games fonts being too large to use.

Thanks for the awesome work guys!
DrLitebur

Post by DrLitebur »

I am playing on a PSP 2000 (silver Jak and Daxter version) and it plays much like the 18.6 build does. I -do- turn off the music and the sound effects to make it run a little smoother, and I also suggest not using card images for that same reason. The PSP is not as powerful as the newer items, such as the newer android tablets or the iPads, so they will run it slower or freeze up. If you have a lot of items on screen (such as once or twice when I overwhelmed the screen after using Nissa Revane's last ability and brought about 25 elves to the battlefield all at once) it will run very...very slow.
3imer

Post by 3imer »

Wagic 18.6 works fine on my iPhone. Can I use the core files of a newer revision and can I import them?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

In general, no.
elbenfreund

Post by elbenfreund »

hello,

first off: thanks this entire community for this great game and all the effort that went into it.

as i recently struggeled to compile a current version of wagic on a 32 bit debian system (and most information on compiling is rather outdated or contradictory) i wondered if any of you could offer a binary for a 32bit system in addition to the 64 bit one mister_playboy already prodided.

Thanks again for all your help and work. elbenfreund
mister_playboy

Post by mister_playboy »

I built Wagic on a Pentium IV computer but the performance was so bad (pre-open sourced Intel graphics have bad Linux support) I removed the build environment and trashed the binary. :oops:

I'm very surprised neither Debian nor Ubuntu have Wagic PPAs yet!