AI knowledge of cards request thread.

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
Tacoghandi

Re: AI knowledge of cards request thread.

Post by Tacoghandi »

I have 103 a.i. decks that I have added to wagic and all have been ai tested. Some of these decks were made by me and the majority of the rest are the decks from the mtg world championships from the mid 90's to present day. All have been modded by me and all seem to work with the ai rather well.

I have added some custom card code for certain cards in the decks that i felt could not be taken out and replaced like Saproling Burst, Temporal Aperture and others that use workarounds so those may not be added though you could probably change them a bit.

I spend a lot of my free time watching the ai play in demo mode to find the cards that bug the game and cards that the ai can not play effectively. Some of the major bugs I have seen are Shivan Gorge will crash the game if the ai plays it. City of Brass and similar cards that have a trigger that adds to the stack while tapping for mana can lag the game to produce a targeting error with the ai and it will take several seconds to work. The ai does not like to use any mana producing cards that you have to put mana into to activate. like the signets from the ravnica block. Cards that have a "0,Sacrifice a ......: Do something" it will either never use or will overuse and will either lock the ai or crash the game. The ai does not see cards that have a complex mana adding ability as mana producers and will generally tap them because it can instead of only tapping them for mana (Though this generally is not an issue).

If you would like the decks that I have and pick through which ones are using little to no custom coded cards I can send them to you.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
excessum

Post by excessum »

It would be great if you have the AI working with actual competitive decks. I found out that it is impossible to do that for the majority of the recent meta-game (ie. Jund, Delver, Caw Blade, Infect, Zombies, Wolf Ramp Run, etc) because of missing cards (Bloodbraid Elf, Mana Leak, banned Jace) or the inability of the AI to use them properly. The only ones I got working are Bant Auras and Affinity because of high redundancy and their super-Aggro nature. Would you mind posting the decks without custom cards in a new post?

To Zethfox:
Are you sure the optimised hand code is working or is it coming into effect too late? For the two decks I have posted, I tested a single deck against each of them >10 times in a row, losing about once or twice each and the win ratios are displaying correctly (90-95%). I am quite certain that at least 4 of the games with the Goblins deck with only 20 mountains were no-land hands while the other deck had about 2 such hands. Additionally, a few more games involved <3 lands before turn 5 which led to rapid defeat.
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

a.i. will not use cards that cost mana to make mana such as Cabal Coffers.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ill check on optimizedhand and make sure it is triggering.
Woland

AI plays Shock in response to creature played

Post by Woland »

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create deck with Shock
2. Unlock Evil Twin mode
3. start to play against yourself starting first
4. Put into play any creature with toughness 2 or less

Actual result:
If AI has Shock in his opening hand it will play it in response to creature played. As creature is not in play yet Shock does not deal damage to him.

Expected result:
AI should play Shock only after creature is put into battlefield

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Issue was reproduced on Android 4.1.2(Samsung Galaxy S I9000) with latest official Wagic version 0.18.6

code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/detail?id=931
excessum

Post by excessum »

More AI silliness:
1)AI does not use Condemn, Heartless Summoning, Sphinx's Revelation or Utopia Sprawl at all
2)AI targets Beacon of Immortality and Rewind's untap at the player
3)AI does not always block with Fog Bank despite its immunity to damage
4)AI cannot use flashback
5)AI chooses not to use Consecrated Sphinx's may draw ability
excessum

Post by excessum »

More AI problems:
1) AI cannot use Rakdos's Return at all
2) AI will summon Koth of the Hammer and not use any of its abilities
3) Jace, Memory Adept's first ability is targeted at the AI instead of the opponent for no reason
4) AI will choose not to use Fathom Mage's "may" draw ability (like Consecrated Sphinx)
5) AI does not understand the board's position at all: using target player sacrifice creature (Devour Flesh) when player has no creatures, using target player discard when player's hand is already empty

Point 5 should be related with the issue of AI using mass removal/damage spells when no creatures or only its own creatures are on the board. I suppose a ~morethan~ clause , similar to how targeted spells need legal targets before they can be cast, is necessary in getEff() to avoid such blunders.

How exactly is the AI choosing between spells with different effects? While creating my MBC deck, the AI seems to randomly use removal, discard and global enchantments. For example, there is no way to tell the AI to not use Phyrexian Arena or Mind Rot when enemy creatures are beating it down. If given Mind Sludge and Corrupt, how does the AI decide between them when their X-value is the same?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

5) AI does not understand the board's position at all: using target player sacrifice creature (Devour Flesh) when player has no creatures, using target player discard when player's hand is already empty
correction:
ai doesn't understand ability$!. huge difference.
excessum

Post by excessum »

There are some strange issues with the AI's use of Gavony Township. I suspect that it is spending all of its available mana to activate it and then casting spells with whatever is left as I frequently observe the AI tapping out completely to activate it while having multiple cards in hand. A random situation that crops up is that it will try to activate it but fail to tap enough mana (ie. {2}{U}) and end up tapping it for {1} instead and then waste all of this mana.

Similar to the Fog Bank issue mentioned before, the AI does not understand that it can block freely with indestructible creatures if the attacker does not have wither or infect. Combined with the issues about first/double strike, unblockable and cannot block, it is really hard for the AI to manage combat efficiently. The overriding factor always seems to be the relative number of creatures on both sides which lead to many embarrassing scenarios where it should win comfortably.
missalexis

Post by missalexis »

Tacoghandi wrote:I have 103 a.i. decks that I have added to wagic and all have been ai tested. Some of these decks were made by me and the majority of the rest are the decks from the mtg world championships from the mid 90's to present day. All have been modded by me and all seem to work with the ai rather well.
Would you post them for us all to use?