Ai deck builders

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
Daemonfey

Re: Ai deck builders

Post by Daemonfey »

When I uses castpriority, the AI refuses to cast lands :oops:
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

can you post the deck that is causing you this exactly as you have it so i can reproduce it?
Daemonfey

Post by Daemonfey »

Code: Select all

#NAME: Artifical Necromancy 
Blazing Archon (*) *1
Inkwell Leviathan (*) *1  
Sphinx of the Steel Wind (*) *1
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (*) *1
Grave Titan (*) *1
Griselbrand (*) *4

Careful Study (*) *4
Buried Alive (*) *4
Force of Will (*) *4
Spell Snare (*) *3
Reanimate (*) *4
Animate Dead (*) *4
Thoughtseize (*) *2
Counterspell (*) *3
Brainstorm (*) *4

Underground Sea (*) *4
Island (*) *2
Swamp (*) *2
Misty Rainforest (*) *3
Verdant Catacombs (*) *4
Polluted Delta (*) *4

#HINT: castpriority(sorcery,enchantment, sorcery, instant,creature)
I also tried
#HINT: castpriority(land,sorcery, land, enchantment, sorcery, instant,creature) with the same results
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ok try it on most current, i submitted a fix.
also ai hints and anything not related to cards goes at the top of the text file.

#NAME:1Nightmare
#DESC:I had a terrible Nightmare once
#DESC:and then a second
#DESC:and a third
#DESC:and then I won.
#HINT:castpriority(sorcery,enchantment, sorcery, instant,creature)
#HINT:combo(hold[bad moon|myhand]^until[Nightmare|inplay]^until[unholy strength|myhand]^thenCast[bad moon,holy strength,target=nightmare|mybattlefield]^totalmananeeded[{b}{b}{b}{2}])
#2x Obsianus Golem
#2x animate dead
#2x Bad Moon
#2x Bog Wraith

notice above, how all the hint stuff is at top?
that should fix it, thank you for finding this bug, land was getting over-ridden by the next find card becuase of a stupid mistake I made in that line.

edit:opps ignore the combo hint line...thats what I'm working on right now and that deck was my test deck. I decided to leave it as a sneak peak.
Daemonfey

Post by Daemonfey »

And we don't need to add lands to the castpriority list?

Also, another thing: how realist would be to have something like a discardpriority, which gives indications to the way which cards it should discard when beyond maximum hand size and/or due to effects.

Edit: Loving the combo hint ;P
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

no it will look for lands even if you don't add it, however in the case of some decks, you might want ai to try again so there is no harm in looking for land 2 times...

discardpriority...describe in extreme detail what ai should consider when discarding card types. keep in mind one thing though it will not know the abilities of the card. it will only be able to know types, if it's a creature that creature p/t, names. if i have it parse abilities it will slow down the game to the point where it will take 30 seconds for ai to decide to end the turn.

the combo system I'm working on is pretty basic right now, it will allow for things like telling ai to hold a card until certain conditions are met or until it has another card to cast with, it will allow ai to know what it should target with a card if that card appears in a combo once a combo is activated. think basically "sac myr retriever to make to mana and target a myr retriever in graveyard to bring it back into hand then play it for 2 mana." basic combos like that.
Daemonfey

Post by Daemonfey »

That would be excelent, an indication like discardpriority (creatures) would be great for reanimator and dredge style decks, telling the AI that it should discard creatures to fill the graveyard, while woulding to the reanimating sorcery and instants. Or, now that Burning Vengeance is working, when the AI learns to use flashback, a discardpriority (sorcery, instant) so that it fills the graveyard.

It wouldn't need to dependant on card rules, just giving a general strategy to the deck.

That combo sounds just perfect. If everything works fine... let's say a lot of Wagic players will curse the AI mastery of the Storm ability. Tell the AI to hold cards in hand until it gets the Storm spell... and cast it for victory:D
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

heres one thing that you are not understanding tho, you are targeting very specific card group for these changes. a change should be able to effect 1000s of cards, not a pool of 20 cards. this might get added someday but im not rushing to add it for things that ai already can't do.
Daemonfey

Post by Daemonfey »

Don't rush, there is no reason for that. Better take the time and have a swiss-army reliable tool. And while I'm very specific on my examples, believe me when I say that something like discardpriority could have it uses. Any deck that uses the graveyard as a resource could benefit for it; and while I gave very specific examples, those things tend to come and go across the story of Wagic. There were always "reanimator" styles deck and will always be. Of course, that is hardly limiting. Yes, decks build around the graveyard could use that #Hint the most, but they hardly the ones. It can be used just to tell the AI to hold on to certain type of cards. If a deck is build around cheap numerous creatures it could tell the AI to discardpriority(lands), as it would often need no more than 3-4 manas and it needs to put more creatures on the table, and this discardpriority would tell the AI NOT to discard that creature, but instead to discard a land.

To sum it up: as narrow as I might seen to be, I assure this kind of #Hint will find many unexpected use with different deck builders with the entire report of Wagic on their hands.

Now, a question about the easy|hard deck setup. How does the AI determine if a match up is easy or hard? Statistics against the player's deck? Because I'm wondering if I could use this as a pseudo-sideboard, creating decks that are dynamic and can look completely different in two different games. 2 decks in 1, one could say. It would be quite surprising to see a deck that the player thinks is all-spells, little or none creatures to change into a very aggressive one between matches. Can we use toggledifficulty for that?
Last edited by Daemonfey on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

the toggledifficulty is only for ai usage, it is based on defeats on THAT ai deck by the player.