Preview for Wagic 0.18 UPDATE - PLANESWALKERS COMING!

Additional Ressources for WTH : new cards, card images & more
missalexis

Re: Preview for Wagic 0.18 UPDATE - PLANESWALKERS COMING!

Post by missalexis »

slurple wrote:So how does wagic look on the new ipad's retina screen?
Pretty darned great. And plays really well. I hadn't tried it since late last year and a lot of work has been put into it. Thank you, I can now leave my PSP at home. :)

p.s. one feature I would *love* for iPad is to double-tap to play a card because it is too easy for a stray tap to play a card by accident.
p.p.s. I notice sometimes that if I enter the options screen and don't change the language, just viewing that screen will change the language to "Spanish" from English. Ditto for "closed hand" option.
slurple

Post by slurple »

How are you playing Wagic on the new ipad? There is no JB yet.
Darkbritt

Post by Darkbritt »

I'm so happy the flip cards from Dark Ascension will be included! I love all the werewolves and wolves in that series! Thanks for all the hard work :) I am one of the thousands that appreciates it :D
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

missalexis wrote:
slurple wrote:So how does wagic look on the new ipad's retina screen?
Pretty darned great. And plays really well. I hadn't tried it since late last year and a lot of work has been put into it. Thank you, I can now leave my PSP at home. :)

p.s. one feature I would *love* for iPad is to double-tap to play a card because it is too easy for a stray tap to play a card by accident.
p.p.s. I notice sometimes that if I enter the options screen and don't change the language, just viewing that screen will change the language to "Spanish" from English. Ditto for "closed hand" option.
Double tap was actually implemented but as a team we decided that over time it got to be very cumbersome and we sync'd up the iOS behaviors to match that to Android for the most part.

as far as the menus go, yea that's a known issue. however, I've trained myself to instead use a pan gesture to go from tab to tab, which doesn't trigger the "bug". In some ways, I find this more intuitive as it sort of promotes a calming feeling for me after a stressful day. try that and see how you like it. It's a little counter-intuitive since most people are tap happy. but try using a touch n drag and it will work how you expect. It's not on my current plate of things to do as this bug also exists on Android. If I were to fix it I'd have to fix it on both platforms. I just don't have that time right now to do all the testing required for that.

hope this helps!
mike
missalexis

Post by missalexis »

mnguyen wrote:
Double tap was actually implemented but as a team we decided that over time it got to be very cumbersome and we sync'd up the iOS behaviors to match that to Android for the most part.

mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks the panning works I somehow stumbled upon it myself. :) Is there a place in the code I could go to easily reenable the double-tap? I tend to compile myself from source...

Thanks again. :)
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

missalexis wrote:
mnguyen wrote:

mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks the panning works I somehow stumbled upon it myself. :) Is there a place in the code I could go to easily reenable the double-tap? I tend to compile myself from source...

Thanks again. :)
Unfortunately no. It wasn't disabled, but rather removed. you'd have to recode the handlers to do it.
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

dude how about naming a card is it possible??
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

is it possible to name a card here at 0.18
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

there a problem in my wagic program and iDK what i need to run program...

This application has failed to start because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application mayfix this.

What is this MSVCP100.dll

Wagic Beta 0.18.2 Windows Version
Frog510

Post by Frog510 »

what new is coming