MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
Zethfox

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13

Post by Zethfox »

there is one of the puzzles where you have to make the exact right move, the suchi fight...its crazy...it has like 12 suchis and you have 1 life left, and 2 cards to draw...
xojlmc

Post by xojlmc »

maybe it's because of meego version, or maybe because of a new wagic version, but there is a bug in the first duel with caravan. after my first turn the onulet automatically goes to graveyard, so i cannot finish that chapter
Zadon

Post by Zadon »

I have the same problem xojlmc has mentioned. How sad!
mistressofpain

Post by mistressofpain »

Hi all,
I've figured out a number of the bugs in this one and managed to rewrite the code so it runs. Many of the problems come from the change in the way wagic handles the core draw, discard, and hand size rules from earlier versions.

Right now I have it fixed up to the Mishra vs Phyrexia duel though Wagic is crashing as soon as I play Gate to Phyrexia (a necessary card for the win condition in that puzzle). I've been pouring through the code for both the card and the duel and haven't been able to figure out why.

Most of the other duels can be fixed. If the creator of this mod doesn't object I'd be happy to post the working revision once I finish it. I've been using the coding as practice in preparation for putting out my own story mode. Is the creator still active on the forums?
xojlmc

Post by xojlmc »

mistressofpain wrote:Hi all,
I've figured out a number of the bugs in this one and managed to rewrite the code so it runs. Many of the problems come from the change in the way wagic handles the core draw, discard, and hand size rules from earlier versions.

Right now I have it fixed up to the Mishra vs Phyrexia duel though Wagic is crashing as soon as I play Gate to Phyrexia (a necessary card for the win condition in that puzzle). I've been pouring through the code for both the card and the duel and haven't been able to figure out why.

Most of the other duels can be fixed. If the creator of this mod doesn't object I'd be happy to post the working revision once I finish it. I've been using the coding as practice in preparation for putting out my own story mode. Is the creator still active on the forums?
Everybody would be happy to see new stories and fixed old ones =)
outtops

Post by outtops »

I'm loving this so far but I've run into a snag on the first chapter. I need to accumulate two counters for the caravan to pay for the omulet but it goes straight to the graveyard at the start of my second upkeep. is there a way to prevent this?
holgern

Post by holgern »

I added include mtg.txt to all rules. Besides this i corrected some other problems. Please report bugs and i will try to fix.

Just unpack The Zip-File from the first post and overwrite this with the contant of my zipfile. In my zip file, only text-files are included.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Flip5411

Post by Flip5411 »

Hey guys, new to this, not sure this thread is still active.

I am playing through this campaign now and feel like the game's draw phase mechanics is actually preventing me from completing some of these fun puzzles/challenges properly. Wanted to check if this is an issue or if I am just missing something. Here are 2 examples:

1- During the Kroog challenge (chapter 6), because my opponent has 0 cards in his library and I have 1, I just win by default when I get to my opponent's draw phase. I'd rather win by solving the puzzle haha :)

2- Similarly, in the next challenge (dragon, chapter 7), which starts on my opponent's attack phase, I can't play any of the cards in my hand since none of them are instants, so I have to get to my main phase to play. However, before I can get there, I always lose on the draw phase since I have 0 cards in my library.

I am playing on all of the latest versions, I just downloaded everything fresh for the first time a week ago. I also included all fixes I found on the forums, like adding "include mtg.txt" where appropriate.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
zeello

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

Post by zeello »

I could not even get past the first chapter. If I remember correctly there is a card that instantly goes to the graveyard and after that it just keeps going through turn after turn and nothing changes no matter what I do. You also don't draw a card on your draw step but I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.

I also don't like that whenever I pick the campaign, it always takes me back to the duel. This makes it harder to troubleshoot. There should be the option to start fresh.
Withcrono

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

Post by Withcrono »

Zeelo, you need to copy the link of the page 11, go to the wayback machine, put the link in there and, if you go down the page, you will find the link of a patch, just download it and extract the zip on the campaign folder.