Additional Ressources for WTH : new cards, card images & more
lantern48

Re: Tiny Crop images: Best performance on PSP

Post by lantern48 »

*insert rude comments that could clearly lead to a banning*
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

so download the images, make the package and host them....
english is my primary actually, and your "joke" was more of a sarcastic stab at kaio...
in this tone "SUUUUUURE, *raise nose* next you'll say your dog eat your homework.*rolls eyes*"

2nd, if you insult me one more time i'm banning you. end of story.

you want to host the images, do so, there are instructions on how to prepare and package the images in the custom sets thread.
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

you are a total sweetheart Zeth, I Apologize for acting rudely. I'll behave from now on.
tester3

Post by tester3 »

Guys, my thread became a flame war, please try to calm down :cry:
lantern48 wrote:These "tiny crop" images are a nice idea in theory, but in actual use I just can't recommend this to anyone: too many missing cards and many cards just simply don't display properly - far too many to list. And unfortunately, this is the only place to find images for New Phyrexia and M12 on this site at the moment.

Thanks for trying, but this is nowhere near ready for actual use.
Man, your comment is harsh and useless in its current state, but please keep reading, as you can actually help.
I'm open to criticism but you have to convert your comment in something constructive.

Let me first tell you that you complaning about other images packs was my main reason to give it a try. I proved myself that I can create a full pack of images with all sets in less than a day, and I even gave information on how to do it.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3074

That information, believe it or not, was a direct answer to your message to wololo, where you said tutorials were not available.
So yeah, this pack of images was done for you, so I'm sad you don't like it ;) .

Now as I said, I can fix things, but only if you tell me what's broken.
1 - You say "too many missing cards". Please tell me which sets and which cards. I've been playing with this pack for a few days now, and except tokens and some sets liks unhinged, all card are here as far as I can tell. You say there are "too many missing cards to list", so who do you expect to create that list of missing cards then? Please give me a list. Even an incomplete one would be a starter. Again, except for a few useless sets, I don't see any missing card.

2 - You say many cards don't display properly, can you send a screenshot of what you don't like and how you would prefer it? I agree that it doesn't look as good as the "real" images, but to me this is a very nice compromise between visual and performance. Of course if you're running Wagic on your computer, it's a different story, but personally on my psp I like the game to feel smooth, and this pack helps a lot with this.

So, yeah, you complain a lot, I think that's fine, but please try to be constructive to help the people who are creating the packs. It will be better for everyone. You told in another topic that you're willing to learn and to help, so here I'm giving you a way to help me: give me names of sets and cards that are not showing up, and send me screenshots of what's not "displaying properly", then I'll see what I can do. I'm sure the devs like wololo and Zeth will do what they can to improve the display if it's a code issue too.
mik

Post by mik »

Off the top of my head, and using the incredibly complicated technique of "pressing R on the main screen" (something too arcane and hack-like for us non-compilers of SVNs and whatnot), here's a quick list, I'm not listing the 5-to-15 card "promo", "box topper" and "oversized" sets that aren't affected/haven't been run through the script, I just leave those in their "beautiful, ram-hungry" mode anyway. Some of them might not have full-card art, though.

I also don't care when the card text spills out of the card, but some land cards have the descriptor text at the same height as the image, it's really one missing carriage return though.
The main gripe would be that many thumbnails did disappear so some cards treat you to a resized thumbnail. I don't think it even helps the game run smoother. Individual names I do not have, but I can remember Korlash, Heir to Blackblade has been defaced. Think his extra art got wiped as well. Nobody loves him enough to make tokens for his fetch, anyway. :p

Has been run through the script but contains missing cards :

BRB, some basic lands of all colors
Ravnica (RAV), see above
Planar Chaos (PLC), two legendary dragons Oros and Teneb

Has been run through the script but sometimes the image bleeds into the upper descriptive text (type and subtype can be written on black background.)

Invasion (INV) (and besides, the image quality needs a little do-over)
Nemesis (NMS) (a little touch-up would help me forget these cards were released when I was in college)
P02
PCY
Planeshift (PLS)
POR

Has been run through the script but my PSP spazzes out like it was loading a huge image and "loads" an imageless card, whole set is affected.

Elves vs Goblins (EVG)
EVT
From the vault Dragons (FVD)
From the vault Revised (FVR)
JVC
Master Edition, (MED)
Master Edition 2, (ME2)
Master Edition 3, (ME3)
PDS
PPR
Unglued (UGL) my favorite lands, should not have been run through the script IMHO, just keep the huge ones.
Unhinged (UNH) second-favorite, don't overwrite this folder if you like the big ones
Urza's Legacy (ULG)

A mix of both above bugs :

Portal Kamigawa (PTK), lands don't show up, some creature images bleed into text up and down
Starter '00 (S00), some cards work, some don't.

OMG THEREZ ONE TOKEN MISSING I WANT MY MONEY BACK I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU :

STH, hornet token, not sure if it was there in any complete imageset in the first place..
Alliance (ALL), Splinter token, see above!

Different art that could be fed to the script had anyone the time and inclination to do so :

Guru Lands (GURU)
Asia-Pacific Lands (APAC)
Euro Lands (EURO)

Could be fed to the script but honestly, these sets are rerun compilations, the specific cards have been done and re-done and the card art is not different much/at all BUT they aren't "oversized full card art" so if you really wanna crop everything even the stuff the AI wouldn't use just to get that one card art for that one card :

Anthologies (ANT) (unless you are into white card borders)
Arena League (ARL)
Duels of the Planeswlakers (DPA)
Full box promos (FBP)
Friday Night Magic (FNM)
Judge gift cards (JGC)
ME4
PD2
DM
Knights vs Dragons (KVD)
Media Insert Cards (MIC) (at 19 cards this is the most boring more-than-15-cards promo set ever, not one unique)

Well, it's not much, but it's a start.

ZEN : some fullcard art lands could have been left untouched
mik

Post by mik »

And here's a working BRB tinycrop : http://www.mediafire.com/?12w80e6hfp1uoqn
While I'm at it, I added missing will-o-the-wisp to revised (RV) : http://www.mediafire.com/?jnn12zisnjetwb0
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

Looking forward to complete tiny crop images for M12...I got the M12 Tiny Crops in here but it needs some updating...Some images missing, but still thanks for the hard work.

I want to make some of the missing sets for TINY CROPs but can someone show me how to do it?
Avenka

Post by Avenka »

Heya, I'm just wondering how much time would need to be spent to maintain this? Since I'm kind of keen on picking it up next year.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to: declare a different font sizes for individual cards, change the font, and edit the card strings?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

unstikcy-ing since the links are dead
tester3

Post by tester3 »

posted new links: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33054