Umbral Mantle [Already added with support of {q}]

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
Shadowfireomega

Umbral Mantle [Already added with support of {q}]

Post by Shadowfireomega »

[card]
name=Umbral Mantle
mana={3}
auto={3}:untap(mytgt)&&+2/+2(mytgt)
auto={0}:Equip
text=Equipped creature has "{3} (untap): This creature gets +2/+2 untill end of turn." Equip {0}
type=Artifact
subtype=Equipment
rarity=U
[/card]

Ok, here is my workaround (if that is what it truly is, i doubt i have created a fully functional rules correct card on my first try)

A few problems i think may be there: Since I don't think the untap ability has been coded to not allow untapping during summoning sickness, so it will most likely allow to untap during sickness. Idk if I did it right, so it may allow to untap whilst untapped. (not knowing if i did it right meaning I didn't know how to put in conditions, and am seriously hoping that its already hard-coded in.) I'm also going to test it, but I'd like some more opinions :D thanks all.

EDIT: ummm... i've made a few goof-off cards before, and somehow gotten them into the game, but I do not remember how I did it, and I cannot seem to get this one to show up. How do i do this?
Wagic: the Homebrew Image Pack Easy Installers

"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, I would never learn anything, and that would be a sad life." -Benjamin Fisher
check out my blog http://shadowfireomega.blogspot.com/
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Umbral Mantle [Needs Testing]

Post by wololo »

- Add it to any of the primitives files (any of the file in sets/primitives)
- make sure a matching card calling it exists in any of the sets/_cards.dat
- Make sure you unlocked the set

I think the primitive shouldn't describe a rarity.
Either you have both a rarity and an ID (in which case it's a card), or you have none (in which case it's a primitive)
Shadowfireomega

Thank you wololo, removing the rarity made the card available :D

Edit: So far, three problems.
There are two untap options, one for umbral mantle to untap its self, the second for the equipped creature.
The second is that umbral mantle allows the equipped creature to untap whilst still affected by summoning sickness.
The third is that the creature need not be tapped to use the untap ability.

"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, I would never learn anything, and that would be a sad life." -Benjamin Fisher
Shadowfireomega

Revised Umbral Mantle [Needs Testing]

[card]
name=Umbral Mantle
mana={3}
auto=teach(creature) {3}:untap&& +2/+2
auto={0}:Equip
text=Equipped creature has "{3} (untap): This creature gets +2/+2 untill end of turn." Equip {0}
type=Artifact
subtype=Equipment
[/card]

Found the auto=teach on a similar card, so far got the creature to aquire the untap ability, but it does not give it the +2/+2 yet.
When selected, Umbral mantle has two options, equip and ability, which grants the target the untap ability, once for each time you click, permanently. Diviner's Wand has a similar auto=teach ability, yet it does not add the ability option to itself. Any idea what went wrong?

For continence here is Diviner's Wand:
[card]
name=Diviner's Wand
auto={3}:equip
auto=@drawn(controller):1/1 ueot
auto=@drawn(controller):flying ueot
auto=teach(creature) {4}:draw:1 controller
auto=@movedto(creature[wizard]|battlefield):may all(trigger[to]) retarget
text=Equipped creature has "Whenever you draw a card, this creature gets +1/+1 and gains flying until end of turn" and "{4}: Draw a card." -- Whenever a Wizard creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Diviner's Wand to it. -- Equip {3}
mana={3}
type=Tribal Artifact
subtype=Wizard Equipment
[/card]

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i informed you in your previous thread about this card, that it is already supported in 16.1 for the new release. it code actually looks like this.

[card]
name=Umbral Mantle
auto=teach(creature) {3}{q}:+3/+3 ueot
auto={0}:equip
text=Equipped creature has "{3}, {Q}: This creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn." ({Q} is the untap symbol.) -- Equip {0}
mana={3}
type=Artifact
subtype=Equipment
[/card]
it uses the new cost type {q}...which in mtg is the "untap symbol"

the effect of "untap" vs the cost of untap does have major differences....for example, if you used the effect as you coded it...when you activate the ability, even if the creature was already untaped, it will be pumped...meaning you can contenue to pump him to infinate p/t...2nd downfall if that it can be interrupted before the untap...which should happen as part of the cost payment. then you can use the creature to pay the cost of another untapper which can target other cards....
Shadowfireomega

Re: Umbral Mantle [Already added with support of {q}]

actually m8 this thread came first, for this card only, the other thread was really to see if anyone could help with a common problem i was having adding a few custom cards in, and i was just using the only"real" card i was doing as an example, but ironically, in this one i got help w/coding and the other i got caught up in getting umbral mantle :p