Bugs 0.15.1, please post your bug reports here

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Darkbritt

Re: Bugs 0.15.1, please post your bug reports here

Post by Darkbritt »

wololo wrote:We are actually struggling to reproduce this issue, would you have any idea what you could have done that caused this?
Do you have a specific "profile" in wagic ?
did you instal the latest version over a previous one?
Do you play with the same files on windows and the PSP? (i.e. do you share your decks, etc... in the two versions ?)
Did you remap your keys on the PSP ?
I just got wagic the day before yesturday, so no I didn't install over a previous version.
I did play on windows before trying it on PSP, but I didn't share anything I do not believe. I have a WTH folder which splits into a PSP folder and just a basic Wagic folder, so I didn't share anything. The only thing that was the same for each was when I manually put the cards from all of the different sets into their respective folders from the .rar that I got from this forum.
I only changed my keys after I got it to work correctly on the PSP, so no.
Hmmm. That is a strange problem you have there.
Could it be simply a problem with the computer moving files for some reason? Or maybe the PSP being difficult since this isn't an 'official' game?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Darkbritt wrote: Could it be simply a problem with the computer moving files for some reason? Or maybe the PSP being difficult since this isn't an 'official' game?
The core of the issue is that the keys get defined twice in your settings. For example, "left" key is associated to "left" action...twice! Our guess is that happens when the game loads the options twice for some reason... it could be for example that we load the windows keys, and then the PSP keys on top of that, or something weird...
Anyways, in case you're interested, we're tracking this issue here: http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/detail?id=465 (as you see, this issue has been here for months)
Darkbritt

Post by Darkbritt »

wololo wrote: The core of the issue is that the keys get defined twice in your settings. For example, "left" key is associated to "left" action...twice! Our guess is that happens when the game loads the options twice for some reason... it could be for example that we load the windows keys, and then the PSP keys on top of that, or something weird...
Anyways, in case you're interested, we're tracking this issue here: http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/detail?id=465 (as you see, this issue has been here for months)
That's strange! And would explain choosing two cards instead of one in deck edit and not being able to correctly maneuver about the interface.
Is there something in the control code that somehow allows for that to happen? Could you guys maybe make it check itself and if the keys are defined twice to alter and make it only once again?
disastergamer

Post by disastergamer »

Hi
First of all, I'm sorry because I do not speak english very well yet.
Well, I was trying to use this deck:

Code: Select all

#NAME:GreenTurboMana
Which is basically a turbomana deck I found on some website (I can not remember where, perhaps here ;)
I did a fresh install on my PSP 5.00 Prometheus-4 and put the deck8.txt (above) for test.
I just got random bluescreens ,sometimes my PSP just freeze, or sometimes I managed to finish the game with no problem. I have another 7 decks but no problem with them.
Could someone test this deck for me?
Sorry for the long message and thanks.
*Also, I tried to use the same deck running the wagic for win and my wagic0151.exe just stop and it need to be close.
Darkbritt

Post by Darkbritt »

disastergamer wrote: I did a fresh install on my PSP 5.00 Prometheus-4 and put the deck8.txt for test.
I just got random bluescreens ,sometimes my PSP just freeze, or sometimes I managed to finish the game with no problem. I have another 7 decks but no problem with them.
Could someone test this deck for me?
Sorry for the long message and thanks.
*Also, I tried to use the same deck running the wagic for win and my wagic0151.exe just stop and it need to be close.
Do you actually have the cards in the game itself? I would think that without the cards the deck wouldn't work right.

Also:
I am fairly sure that this may have been mentioned before, but now that my PSP runs Wagic correctly(woot!), it starts to glitch up during duels. Not every duel, but when it starts to lag a bit I get worried.
What I mean by this is that it -near the middle of a longer game- it will start to lag. Then after the lag, it will completely freeze. Or else it freezes for longer than 5 minutes, in which case I just restart the system. When it glitches the images from the graphics (cards and avatars mainly) will get these large pixilated things jumping about the image itself. The music runs fine while this happens, if that matters.
Wondering if there is a fix for this?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Darkbritt wrote: Also:
I am fairly sure that this may have been mentioned before, but now that my PSP runs Wagic correctly(woot!), it starts to glitch up during duels. Not every duel, but when it starts to lag a bit I get worried.
What I mean by this is that it -near the middle of a longer game- it will start to lag. Then after the lag, it will completely freeze. Or else it freezes for longer than 5 minutes, in which case I just restart the system. When it glitches the images from the graphics (cards and avatars mainly) will get these large pixilated things jumping about the image itself. The music runs fine while this happens, if that matters.
Wondering if there is a fix for this?
We are struggling with the lack of available Ram on the PSP. Are you running on a PSP Phat, or a non hacked PSP maybe? these only have access to 24mb of Ram...
what you experiment is the image cache getting full, and trying to flush, which doesn't work so good. However freezes for 5 minutes, I have never seen this (and trust me, I play a lot). Do these freezes happen when you play a specific card maybe?
One of our devs (mootpoint) made a huge amount of changes since 0.15 to improve the cache, I haven't tested all of this yet, but there should be significant improvements in next Wagic release.

One thing that could significantly improve your experience is to use "tiny crop" pictures instead of full pictures. They take twice less space in Ram. Unfortunately nobody has started massively sharing those:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2197&hilit=tinycrops
rawsugar

Post by rawsugar »

celestial kirin destroys the permanent that is cast as well should only be other spells or more correctly spells in play should be destroyed while the new is still on the stack. tried adding |battlefield but it seems the destruction occurs when the permanent comes into play.
Darkbritt

Post by Darkbritt »

wololo wrote: We are struggling with the lack of available Ram on the PSP. Are you running on a PSP Phat, or a non hacked PSP maybe? these only have access to 24mb of Ram...
what you experiment is the image cache getting full, and trying to flush, which doesn't work so good. However freezes for 5 minutes, I have never seen this (and trust me, I play a lot). Do these freezes happen when you play a specific card maybe?
One of our devs (mootpoint) made a huge amount of changes since 0.15 to improve the cache, I haven't tested all of this yet, but there should be significant improvements in next Wagic release.

One thing that could significantly improve your experience is to use "tiny crop" pictures instead of full pictures. They take twice less space in Ram. Unfortunately nobody has started massively sharing those:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2197&hilit=tinycrops
Oh ok. Well that would make sense... 24mb really O_o' How does Monster Hunter Freedom Unite run with only that much?! It now is no longer surprising that that happens.
And my PSP is a non-hacked 3000. Though most of the time the graphics behave.
I switch between decks, and it has happened on both. If the cache getting full is the issue, then it is probably when the 'success!' screen pops up, since that is when it usually stops doing what I tell it to and glitching the cards.Last time it happened, the game made the 'ka-ching' sound for getting the reward money and then froze up. But when I restarted it I still had the credits. So Maybe I just need to wait a bit longer for it to run smoothly again.
Thanks for the explanation =D
When do you estimate that the next version will be out? Just curious.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Darkbritt wrote: Oh ok. Well that would make sense... 24mb really O_o' How does Monster Hunter Freedom Unite run with only that much?! It now is no longer surprising that that happens.
The textures in Wagic are much more complex and detailed that those in monster hunter. Not that our game is graphically impressive, but each card is a 256x512 texture, which is probably much more than the average texture in any official game.
And my PSP is a non-hacked 3000. Though most of the time the graphics behave.
If you install a Hen on your PSP 3000, you will get an additional 32MB of Ram, and Wagic will hugely benefit from that (that's roughly 120 additional cards in Ram before the cache gets full, compared to roughly 40 cards with the initial 24MB)
When do you estimate that the next version will be out? Just curious.
We don't give dates because we don't have any specific schedule. Historically the time between two releases has gone from 1 month to 3 months. Wagic 0.15 was released a month ago.
disastergamer

Post by disastergamer »

Darkbritt wrote: Do you actually have the cards in the game itself? I would think that without the cards the deck wouldn't work right.
I do not think it matters, because the other decks work that way with no errors.
The only thing you can not do is edit the decks.
Even if I import my collection.dat (I already have the cards purchased in the game) and edit my options.txt to unlock the expansions still get the same results.
I dont know if matter but psp is slim ver.