MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
abrasax

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.3

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

Final update has been posted... You now have the full story to play with.

There seems to be a bug at the moment with the final screen...I wanted to give a "bonus" screen where you could replay all the challenges, fly the map one last time, see the credits and have more informations about all characters.... but this bonus screen doesn't work... I have no idea why. Maybe there is a limitation in the number of pages you can put in a story...

Anyway,

Enjoy, any comments/feedback is naturally welcomed.

Abra

EDIT: removed the mistake with the bonus screen... don't know exacly what it was but surely some missing line somewhere... now works fine...Will post an update tonight.
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
abrasax

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.4

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

Udapted to V1.4, now include a bonus section, this include: credits, a full map of terisiare with some explanation/graphic per location, a charcter screen (to ge basic information about the characters - not yet done, this is the only remaining todo) and last but not least a replayable list of all duels/challenge... you can now, once the game is finished try again any of the challenges.... I tryed to code them as that they would only allow one strategy or one suite of actions, sometimes it work, sometime you have alternatve possibilities....

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!

Gustaph_Robert

Post by Gustaph_Robert »

When the first part ends (after the first duel with the brothers) the game freezes so in (this did not happen in the other versions as far as I can remenber) I want to finish the history what should I do ?
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Gustaph_Robert wrote:When the first part ends (after the first duel with the brothers) the game freezes so in (this did not happen in the other versions as far as I can remenber) I want to finish the history what should I do ?
Well it works fine for me.... Don't know what the issue could be, at least it does not seems to be in the code... maybe you got the same issue as mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1678&start=20#p14865

If so, exit the game totally and restart, that should be enough... if you are still blocked open your player folder and open the data.dat with notepad you should see the name of the page you are currently in the brothers' war campaign.... you can look at the story.xml (again in notepad) too manually change the value of this page to the next one...

Hope this help,

by the way are you playing on PSP or PC, I've done most of my testing on PC and could not reproduce any of the issues that have been mentioned so far...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!

belux

Post by belux »

again, i'm stucked in the black screen of despair, but this time in the first match against tocasia!
I lose but he never give me the chanche for a re-match
this in both version 1.3 & 1.4 on psp

I try to edit th data from
's Brothers Wars=tocasia_loose'
to
's Brothers Wars=tocasia_win'

what I'm doing wrong?
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

belux wrote:again, i'm stucked in the black screen of despair, but this time in the first match against tocasia!
I lose but he never give me the chanche for a re-match
this in both version 1.3 & 1.4 on psp

I try to edit th data from
's Brothers Wars=tocasia_loose'
to
's Brothers Wars=tocasia_win'

what I'm doing wrong?
That's because the spelling is incorrect... sorry for this one I've called it "Tocasia_win" the big cap at the beginning should do the trick...

I did change in the meantime this duel to something else....less based on luck and more in form of a challenge... even if this one is easy... I've also change the duel when gix try to steal the stone it was way too easy... I'm also considering removing the duels that you cannot win....because if you don't know the story you don't really understand why this is happening...

Anyway... here is V 1.5... not sure if I will go any further since tommorow I'm on holliday...:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zh5i6q

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!

abrasax

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.6

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

So should be the "final" update for some time (at least before the campaign mode is extended). there is still one or the other thing that I would like to change but that is no priority for the moment.

Download V1.6 (3.5 MB) : http://www.sendspace.com/file/p2sdny

What's new:

I've renamed the current campaign to "Brothers War" and not "Brothers Wars" so it might lead to incompatibilities between old version and this one... if you want to continue at the stage you where edit your data.dat in your player folder and remove the "s".

- Redid the challenge in the cave of Koilo.
- Added the prologue.
- Removed the bird of paradise in the roc challenge and replaced to a more flavored one...adn replace the spider to an artifact creature.
- rewrote the first two chapters to be even more close to the story (Chapter 3 and 4 are now the only one to be extremely summarized)
- added a challenge to the first chapter, .
- Redid some of the graphics and dialog screen.
- Added all the bonus screen + a preview of the next book in the storyline... unfortunately I don't have this one... not sure it's still printed...

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!

mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

Wow man. Major props for this I can tell you went all out.
Hopefully Wololo will fix the memory leak soon because I reached a point where it's unplayable.
Nice puzzles too!
superhiro

Post by superhiro »

Awesome work :)

Here is a direct download mirror, because I've seen sendspace cause problems sometimes. If you want, you can add it to the original post.
http://npshare.de/files/3a1849d8/Brothe ... 20V1.6.zip
Mister Sanderson

Post by Mister Sanderson »

How about a translation?
I'd like to do it (to portuguese)...
In this case, the translation would be here or in the forum "Other Languages"?