Rise of the Eldrazi (117/248) PREVIEW Update FINAL

Additional Ressources for WTH : new cards, card images & more
Dr.Solomat

Rise of the Eldrazi (117/248) PREVIEW Update FINAL

Post by Dr.Solomat »

***************The Downloadable File is at the end of this post!***************

Hi everybody,

here I give you a Wagic preview for the newest Magic set 'Rise of the Eldrazi', which contains 248 cards.
I successfully converted 117 of them (+20 Basic Lands). This isn't much (rate: 47,18%, with Basic Lands: 55,24%), but new mechanics like 'Rebound', Totem Auras and the Eldrazis with their 'annihilator' ability are not codable for now.

Version 1: 20/78/248 (rate: 25,64%, with Basic Lands: 51,28%)
Version 2: 33/94/248 (rate: 35,11%, with Basic Lands: 56,38%)
Version 3: 42/100/248 (rate: 42%, with Basic lands: 62%)
Version 4: 57/135/248 (rate: 42,22%, with Basic lands: 57,07%)
Version 5: 72/172/248 (rate: 41,86%, with Basic Lands: 53,49%)

Version6 (FINAL) 117/248 (rate: 47,18%, with Basic Lands: 55,24%)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. The cards don't have ids for now! Create them by yourself!
2. LEVEL UP creatures don't work in the current version of wagic (0.11.1). They will only work with the newest svn version of Wagic or with the next official release (0.12.1)!
3. You won't find any reprinted cards in the card_dat because those cards are already in the primitives_txt of the official release. The following cards in Rise of the Eldrazi are reprints: Battle Rampart, Demistify, Glory Seeker, Heat Ray, Naturalize, Regress, Vendetta.

Some playable cards:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
kaioshin

Re: Rise of the Eldrazi (20/78/248) PREVIEW

Post by kaioshin »

Wow, awesome :)

Momentous Fall also works, I tested it:

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Momentous Fall
target=creature|myBattlefield
auto=bury
auto=Draw:p && life:t
text=Return target creature to its owner's hand. Put X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is that creature's converted mana cost.
mana={G}{G}{2}
type=Instant
[/card]
Anyway, since the annihilator keyword will be prominently used, will there be work done on opponent-sacrifice-card-of-his-choice thing for Wagic 0.12.1?

Because "Rise of the Eldrazi" without a single Eldrazi would be, well, ... just "Rise of the" I guess. :lol:

Cheers!
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

kaioshin wrote:
Anyway, since the annihilator keyword will be prominently used, will there be work done on opponent-sacrifice-card-of-his-choice thing for Wagic 0.12.1?

Because "Rise of the Eldrazi" without a single Eldrazi would be, well, ... just "Rise of the" I guess. :lol:

Cheers!
You are right! "Annihilate" should be integrated to get those freaky Eldrazis into Wagic, but since the AI is far far far away from being able to sac permanents, I guess we won't ever see Eldrazis in Wagic....just my suggestion! :cry:

Thanks for your card code! I will add it with the next update, although the creature sacrifice should be part of the cost!! ;)
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Dr.Solomat wrote: ...but since the AI is far far far away from being able to sac permanents, I guess we won't ever see Eldrazis in Wagic....just my suggestion! :cry:...
Oh, no! :o
I thought it would only be a bit of recognizing "what's the best creature/land/enchantment" and a shot of random. I'm not a big coder, though. But if the engine can decide what creature is going to attack or what card to play, why not which permanent to sac?

Cheers!
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

kaioshin wrote: But if the engine can decide what creature is going to attack or what card to play, why not which permanent to sac?
You are right about AI playing and attacking (though in my opinion the AI is a bit too much like a Lemming when deciding to attack).

I'd say the AI is not able to decide to kill biggest threat! Lets say the AI has Dark Banishing in its hand. I control a 1/1 creature & and 8/8 creature. The AI always kills the creature which is on the left side of the battlefield, so in the most cases it will kill the 1/1 because 1/1 creatures cost less and thus are played much earlier than the 8/8 creatures..... . The AI should for now be called AU (Artificial Unintelligence) :mrgreen:
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Lol, I see. :D
I think for a non commercial game, the AI is quite good, though. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed, that some of the coders might get their hands on stuff like annihilator or other abilities, that would grand a big bunch of new cards. :)
I don't even play real Magic any more, and with every spoiled card in spoiler seasons I always wonder, if it can be done in Wagic.
What are the current projects of the devs on Wagic, anyway?
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

i just don't know. It is quiet silent here these days.

I am working together with salmelo on getting as much new cards into Wagic as possible. Salmelo newly developed several important things to expand 'counters'. In the next release there will be Thallids, Spikes, creatures with Modular, creatures with Graft, etc....
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Ah, indeed. I saw those in the SVN, good job on this stuff :).
I won't complain, there are many hours of work in Wagic already. And I know by my own projects how hard producing a game with a very small team is. I just thought that in the background, there would be some things like Story-Mode or something like this running. Or even slight improvements to older abilities. I read somewhere in the Wiki, that there will be work on an updated Kicker (allowing Multikicker and 2 Kickers for cards), but I could be wrong about that, mixing stuff. ;)

I know, I'm horrible. But it's only in the nature of human to always want more and more :lol:
Onitenshi

Post by Onitenshi »

Dr.Solomat wrote:
kaioshin wrote:

Cheers!
You are right! "Annihilate" should be integrated to get those freaky Eldrazis into Wagic, but since the AI is far far far away from being able to sac permanents, I guess we won't ever see Eldrazis in Wagic....just my suggestion! :cry:

Thanks for your card code! I will add it with the next update, although the creature sacrifice should be part of the cost!! ;)
bury should be changed to moveTo(graveyard) IMO, since we have indestructibility
ImageImageImageImageImage
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Onitenshi wrote:
Dr.Solomat wrote:
kaioshin wrote:

Cheers!

bury should be changed to moveTo(graveyard) IMO, since we have indestructibility
The AI is really good in my opinion. I'm still well below a 50-50 win/loss ratio, LOL.

Actually, couldn't the Annihilate ability be treated as a no mana cost multiple Stone Rain and/or a multiple Swords to Plowshares with no life point benefit? As for the AI determining targets, the actual placement/position of lands and locations of creatures or other permenants might be a useful way to do this. In the windows version for example, I see that artifacts tend to be placed to the left of the first row of land cards and enchantments seem to be placed above them so perhaps the Annihilate code could automatically select the player permenants in the first X number of slot/positions on the board. So Annihilate 12 would pick the first 12 permenants going from left to right as a player views the field. This in effect would prioritize the AI's choice of targets as being global/player side supportive enchantments (e.g., All Hollow's Eve/Bad Moon), artifacts, lands and then creatures. If there were no enchantments it could move on to artifacts, then lands, etc. It's concievable that all the creature generator artifacts(Hive), enchantments (caribou Range) or creatures (thallid/saprolling generators) would take a major hit from the AI using Annihilate. Clever players might tactically counter with better choices about permenant placement but that's the beauty of this game of strategy/counter strategy.

IMHO, what I've seen so far playing Wagic suggests to me that enough of the existing code can be re written to accomodate the new abilities including level ups (each turn creatures that can be levelled up can be given the choice to level up such as the Mishra's Factory only permenantly).

Just my two cents.

Well done folks!

KF1