Two problems I have been experiencing

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
baglikenoother

Two problems I have been experiencing

Post by baglikenoother »

I have two problems. They may or may not be related.

I am playing Wagic 10.1 on my PSP with CF5.5 Gen B. I have a realmagic mod installed that was meant for 9.2 (I think, could be any of the 9.x versions)

My two problems are:

A.) Very often when I am in the shop, my psp will freeze and I have to hard reset. Cards purchased in that session are unsaved when I restart (obv) This happens most frequently when I am buying packs, I can typically browse single cards with no issue.

B.) I am not sure about the circumstances that caused this, but somehow all of the cards in my collection were deleted. I am still able to use the decks that I had built previously, but the cards don't exist in my collection.
Psyringe

Re: Two problems I have been experiencing

Post by Psyringe »

How did you install the realmagic mod? If you just install into Wagic 0.10.1, then it will set all _cards.dat files to their state 0.9.2, which could be the sourcce of your problem. Also, do your really run the 0.10.1 executable (the version number is displayed on the upper right in the main menu). Finally, I don't know if this mod comes with its own collection.dat file (I'm not using it myself so I can't tell), but if it does, then it will overwrite your previous collection when you install it.

The correct way of transferring images to 0.10.1 is to just copy the zip files from the Res/sets/(setname) folders over to thenew installation, and nothing else.
baglikenoother

Post by baglikenoother »

Well, I had everything installed and working fine long before my collection was deleted.

As far as I am aware, no change was made to the software since the first time I had it installed. It jsut deleted cards after a month or so.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Hmm, okay - we had two or three reports about deleted collections before. My theory is that something disrupts the saving process (one person said he switched his PSP off while it was saving the collection), so the old file is removed (in order to be replaced by the new one), but the new one doesn't get written properly.

It wouldn't be too hard to prevent this by using temporary files, and removing the old files only after checking that the temp file was saved successfully. But so far we haven't implemented it ... perhaps we should.

Also, regarding the realmagic mod: I just realized that it also changes some menu graphics and adds sounds, so just copying the card pictures over (as I said above) won't give you the full effect. Hmm. It would probably be better to release such mods as a theme, this way it could be much easier transferred and adapted.
baglikenoother

Post by baglikenoother »

I am resigned that I will have to rebuild my collection, that is totally fine by me.

The part that worries me the most is that the game crashes when I buy packs, any idea why that might be happening?

I'll try changing the picture file the way you suggested, I can live without sounds (i usually have volume off anyways).
Nelorio12

Post by Nelorio12 »

Wagic freezes if it loads a card with a .png file with 100 kb or so. A .jpg 50kb is recommended and try to make back ups too. Did you use any kind of modification from the forums? downloaded sets?