Magic Arena Theme

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
Vitty85

Re: Magic Arena Theme

Post by Vitty85 »

Luruz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 am
Vitty85 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Luruz wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:55 pm

I understand my friend. But the game its already incredible heavy only for the images of the game and it continues growing in the future by new sets of the game.

If it is inevitable the huge weight in the future of the game, I just want to give to all players the luxury of new sounds too.

About the fading between one song and another, if its complicated, doesn't matter, but new songs when you return to the main menu and battlefield, will be awesome as the new sets too.

The name of the files says where must be played in the game,
Music for shop, options, trophie room, deck editor, choosing decks, are one single song.

But main menu and battlefield, will be a lot more, played randomly each time the player enter to that screen of the game.

Thanks a lot Vitty

PD: Recently I see the format of all songs in the file, many of them are Mp3 or M4a, if you help all of us to enjoy the sounds of the game, I can transform all formats into.WAV. What do you say? Ready for a new level of experiencie in this game that we and many other put our efford to enjoy or precious game?
Hi,

I implemented new possibilities for sound tracks in this way:

Inside the "sound" folder of your ARENA theme you have to put the following files:

Track0.mp3 -> Main Menu (default, but not the only one)
Track1.mp3 -> Deck Editor
Track2.mp3 -> Shop (if not existing it will be used Track0.mp3) -> Your file is empty, maybe you made a mistake?
Track3.mp3 -> Options Page (if not existing it will be used Track0.mp3)
Track4.mp3 -> Trophies Room (if not existing it will be used Track0.mp3)
ai_baka_music.mp3 -> Battlefield (default but not the only one)

Also, if you want, you can also add a specific sound track for each AI deck as follows:
ai_baka_music1.mp3 -> Battlefield (for deck1.txt)
ai_baka_music2.mp3 -> Battlefield (for deck2.txt)
ai_baka_music100.mp3 -> Battlefield (for deck100.txt)

Finally, as you asked, inside the sound folder of the theme you can add these 2 sub-folders:
MainMenu
Battlefield

Inside these 2 sub-folders you have to add all the tracks for random play as follows (up to 10 tracks for each folder):

MainMenu folder:
TrackMenu0.mp3
TrackMenu1.mp3
TrackMenu9.mp3

Battlefield folder:
TrackDuel0.mp3
TrackDuel1.mp3
TrackDuel9.mp3

When the game will find these folders with those file it will play randomly a song among them (if they are not present game will use the default files Track0.mp3 for Main Menu and ai_baka_music.mp3 for battlefield duel.

All tracks has to be mp3 without any META-TAG information (e.g. author, album, genre) or the game will have trouble to play them (especially in older devices), so you should a bit work on the sound tracks you shared in your post in order to rename and convert all of them in the way i suggested you.

I hope i explained myself well, i already updated the game executable in my usual post and on GITHUB, but you have to fix the sound tracks to complete the work and have the desired effect.

Hope it's a good solution for you and all other players, see you.
Only the two of us keep the game on road.

I create and masterized all audios with special features.

If you keep creating something new to the game with your awesome power of coding, I'll do the same with graphics, sound and stuff.

We are the best! Thanks a Lot Vitty, check the post to download the files.
Hi,

Actually you can put up to 20 tracks in both MainMenu and Battlefield subfolder, I wrote 10 but it was 20, so you can add other 10 tracks in both directory till index 19.

I will download the new sounds as soon as possible ant try them.

See you.
Luruz

Post by Luruz »

Vitty85 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:38 am
Luruz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 am
Vitty85 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi,

I implemented new possibilities for sound tracks in this way:

Inside the "sound" folder of your ARENA theme you have to put the following files:

Track0.mp3 -> Main Menu (default, but not the only one)
Track1.mp3 -> Deck Editor
Track2.mp3 -> Shop (if not existing it will be used Track0.mp3) -> Your file is empty, maybe you made a mistake?
Track3.mp3 -> Options Page (if not existing it will be used Track0.mp3)
Track4.mp3 -> Trophies Room (if not existing it will be used Track0.mp3)
ai_baka_music.mp3 -> Battlefield (default but not the only one)

Also, if you want, you can also add a specific sound track for each AI deck as follows:
ai_baka_music1.mp3 -> Battlefield (for deck1.txt)
ai_baka_music2.mp3 -> Battlefield (for deck2.txt)
ai_baka_music100.mp3 -> Battlefield (for deck100.txt)

Finally, as you asked, inside the sound folder of the theme you can add these 2 sub-folders:
MainMenu
Battlefield

Inside these 2 sub-folders you have to add all the tracks for random play as follows (up to 10 tracks for each folder):

MainMenu folder:
TrackMenu0.mp3
TrackMenu1.mp3
TrackMenu9.mp3

Battlefield folder:
TrackDuel0.mp3
TrackDuel1.mp3
TrackDuel9.mp3

When the game will find these folders with those file it will play randomly a song among them (if they are not present game will use the default files Track0.mp3 for Main Menu and ai_baka_music.mp3 for battlefield duel.

All tracks has to be mp3 without any META-TAG information (e.g. author, album, genre) or the game will have trouble to play them (especially in older devices), so you should a bit work on the sound tracks you shared in your post in order to rename and convert all of them in the way i suggested you.

I hope i explained myself well, i already updated the game executable in my usual post and on GITHUB, but you have to fix the sound tracks to complete the work and have the desired effect.

Hope it's a good solution for you and all other players, see you.
Only the two of us keep the game on road.

I create and masterized all audios with special features.

If you keep creating something new to the game with your awesome power of coding, I'll do the same with graphics, sound and stuff.

We are the best! Thanks a Lot Vitty, check the post to download the files.
Hi,

Actually you can put up to 20 tracks in both MainMenu and Battlefield subfolder, I wrote 10 but it was 20, so you can add other 10 tracks in both directory till index 19.

I will download the new sounds as soon as possible ant try them.

See you.
Got it! Thanks.

Yesterday I try the new sounds. And I discover something new. The game level up the volumen of the tracks, I need to re-edit, the interface tracks and meaby the main menu too.

But I'll do that in a few days.

Thanks for the correction of the Index up to 19, I'll keep it in mind.
Luruz

Post by Luruz »

By the way, Vitty, can you make the tracks on main menu, continue playing randomly when the audio that was playing finish?

Because, the same song keeps on loop.

Only Main Menu Please. I'll fix the volumen of the tracks and add new songs up to 20 y both folders: MainMenu and Battlefield. Thanks!
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Luruz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:52 pm By the way, Vitty, can you make the tracks on main menu, continue playing randomly when the audio that was playing finish?

Because, the same song keeps on loop.

Only Main Menu Please. I'll fix the volumen of the tracks and add new songs up to 20 y both folders: MainMenu and Battlefield. Thanks!
Hi,

I took a look to code and the library used to play the music starts and start the loop is not allowing to create a playlist or a sequence of predefined tracks, so i cannot do that without changing the sound engine of the game (and this is really out of my possibilities and time to spend, sorry).

By the way, if you think well, after all how long will you stay on main menu without changing any other windows? After all, when you change window and then going back to the main menu, the song will again change randomly again, so not a big problem.

See you.

P. S.
Let me know when the new sound tracks are ready to be downloaded.
Luruz

Post by Luruz »

P. S.
  • Volumen fixed in all songs.
  • New Link of Sounds Updated
It took me a few days to finish only working 30 min per day, not big deal, the secret is: To Manage Time.

By the way, to finish this Theme for all players, I need a last help for you, this is an easy one:
  • Random Background of Battlefield when start a Match
(Max 7 new backgrounds. Because I won't have time to create more than seven. Unless every one waits a lot of time to finish them. I was thinkging, to put all images of the background in a folder and do something similar like the audios you made. So, when you start a new match, the background changes without any problem.)
  • A background for choosing Decks
  • A background for choosing opponents
Help us to all with that and I think this theme will give variety to play.

Thanks a lot Vitty!
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Luruz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:26 pm
P. S.
  • Volumen fixed in all songs.
  • New Link of Sounds Updated
It took me a few days to finish only working 30 min per day, not big deal, the secret is: To Manage Time.

By the way, to finish this Theme for all players, I need a last help for you, this is an easy one:
  • Random Background of Battlefield when start a Match
(Max 7 new backgrounds. Because I won't have time to create more than seven. Unless every one waits a lot of time to finish them. I was thinkging, to put all images of the background in a folder and do something similar like the audios you made. So, when you start a new match, the background changes without any problem.)
  • A background for choosing Decks
  • A background for choosing opponents
Help us to all with that and I think this theme will give variety to play.

Thanks a lot Vitty!
Hi,

Ok i did what you asked, here you are the details:

Now it's possbile to add a different background for opponent deck choosing, the file has to be named "menupanel2.jpg" and it has to be placed in the same folder with the original "menupanel.jpg" file which will be used for player deck choosing (if the file "menupanel2.jpg" is not existing it will be used the "menupanel.jpg" file as in past for both deck choosing).

I also added a new sub-folder "background" where it will be possible to store up to six new background images for battlefield, those files has to be named starting from "backdrop1.jpg" up to "backdrop6.jpg" and the game will randomly choose one of them when match starts. (if the chosen file does not exist it or if the random index is 7, it will be used the original "backdrop.jpg" file).

You can download the new executable from usual links on Forum or GitHub, let me know if it's ok, and let me know when the new images will be ready to be downloaded.

See you.
Luruz

Post by Luruz »

Hi,

Now it's possbile to add a different background for opponent deck choosing, the file has to be named "menupanel2.jpg" and it has to be placed in the same folder with the original "menupanel.jpg" file which will be used for player deck choosing (if the file "menupanel2.jpg" is not existing it will be used the "menupanel.jpg" file as in past for both deck choosing).

I also added a new sub-folder "background" where it will be possible to store up to six new background images for battlefield, those files has to be named starting from "backdrop1.jpg" up to "backdrop6.jpg" and the game will randomly choose one of them when match starts. (if the chosen file does not exist it or if the random index is 7, it will be used the original "backdrop.jpg" file).

You can download the new executable from usual links on Forum or GitHub, let me know if it's ok, and let me know when the new images will be ready to be downloaded.

See you.
Hi Vitty, I finish some things in the theme, but I found a problem with the background
  • The game only shows the backdrop5.jpg not the first one and the others.
  • I add new backgrounds based on: Innistrad Midnight Hunt Theme.
  • New background for choosing decks
  • New background for choosing opponents
Working on...
  • Midnight Hunt Commander Trophie
  • Commander Black Trophie
  • Midnight Hunt Tropie
  • New Avatars for the Game
Mistakens
Strixhaven: Mystical Archive still on Expansion section, after Mercadian Masques.
This set goes before Jumpstart: Historic Horizons.

As soon as you fix the problem with backdrop5.jpg and Strixhaven Mystical Archive, tell me to download the new fix and keep working on the images. Thanks a lot Vitty. Have a nice day.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Ok, i saw both, my mistake on last commit... I will fix soon and update the links.

I will post here when it will be ready.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Luruz wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:14 am
Hi,

See you.
Hi Vitty, I finish some things in the theme, but I found a problem with the background
  • The game only shows the backdrop5.jpg not the first one and the others.
  • I add new backgrounds based on: Innistrad Midnight Hunt Theme.
  • New background for choosing decks
  • New background for choosing opponents
Working on...
  • Midnight Hunt Commander Trophie
  • Commander Black Trophie
  • Midnight Hunt Tropie
  • New Avatars for the Game
Mistakens
Strixhaven: Mystical Archive still on Expansion section, after Mercadian Masques.
This set goes before Jumpstart: Historic Horizons.

As soon as you fix the problem with backdrop5.jpg and Strixhaven Mystical Archive, tell me to download the new fix and keep working on the images. Thanks a lot Vitty. Have a nice day.
Ok, i saw both, my mistake on last commit... I already fixed and updated the links.

You can download and check if it's all ok now.

Let me know, see you.
Luruz

Post by Luruz »

Ok, i saw both, my mistake on last commit... I already fixed and updated the links.

You can download and check if it's all ok now.

Let me know, see you.
The new release works perfect and all things are in place. I'll upload the new version of the theme with the new thropies added, avatars must wait a little longer.