Updated Deck Menu

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
kevlahnota

Updated Deck Menu

Post by kevlahnota »

I'm still thinking to move other stuff to the right side of deck menu and others, the selection of deck is still on the left side...(a small stats on the right side seems good ) here's my current WIP

Zethfox

Re: Updated Deck Menu

Post by Zethfox »

Ok i want to toss this in here,we should get the black square out, put the background under the menu in render function, and render the menu with a background like we do for the first menus like play and how many matchs.

Have it draw the same as other menus, right where that black box is.

Understand?

The card board cut out thing just doesnt look good anymore with all the polishing. That menu should act like the others and be draw so it can have a neat opening effect or closing effect and not just look like a picture with a hole cut out
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Zethfox wrote:Ok i want to toss this in here,we should get the black square out, put the background under the menu in render function, and render the menu with a background like we do for the first menus like play and how many matchs.

Have it draw the same as other menus, right where that black box is.

Understand?

The card board cut out thing just doesnt look good anymore with all the polishing. That menu should act like the others and be draw so it can have a neat opening effect or closing effect and not just look like a picture with a hole cut out
well If I can get a good texture to replace the black ones then we can remove it. Also it doesn't look so bad (UPDATE)
TODO: I need to remove the detailed info, and make it like a graph just like in the deck editor and put it on the right side, also the renedered deck mana should be constant...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

It looks amazing btw.
My suggestion is only that we should make all the stuff that appear there seperate rendered items.

So behind where the deck menu would be is just that grey texture.

Its hard to explain, unless you already understand what im saying. Those sections you cut out of deck background so the menus and text are visible, they shouldnt have to be cut out. We should just render them like our normal menus.

An example of where this would be noticed, when your quest tracker has nothing to show you, you still see the cut out section blank. It should hide when it has nothing to show.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Zethfox wrote:It looks amazing btw.
My suggestion is only that we should make all the stuff that appear there seperate rendered items.

So behind where the deck menu would be is just that grey texture.

Its hard to explain, unless you already understand what im saying. Those sections you cut out of deck background so the menus and text are visible, they shouldnt have to be cut out. We should just render them like our normal menus.

An example of where this would be noticed, when your quest tracker has nothing to show you, you still see the cut out section blank. It should hide when it has nothing to show.
I see, I can make a seperate quad for those so that it shows only when needed. :)
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

Wow it really does look pretty. ;)

For my 2 cents. People do not spend so much time in menus so as long as they are functional.
(Says the guy who took forever piecing together early booster box art for a Trophy room that is rarely visited :lol: )

You have to do what you enjoy and follow the thread of improving what you can.

You guys are doing great. :D
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

thanks, I think I got what zeth's suggested.

if there's no textscroller

if there is a textscroller

the mana icons needs to be displayed per deck colors... this is just an WIP update :)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Yes, but also for the the menu itself. Anything that's just drawn that can be rendered as a seperate quad like the square with deck name and avatar in it.

The deckmenu itself can be rendered over instead of under, so qe dont need to cut sections out of the background to see it..

The grey padding can actually be seperate quad too,
That way we have
High layer text and menu,
midlayer grey pad,
bottom layer the picture of the girl. So if someone likes the menu, and doesnt like the fish girl, all they do is replace the background picture and not have to use photoedit to make perfect cut out squares

To layer quads btw, you just change the order they render, the first thing in update to render is the lowest layer, the last thing that you ->render () is the top
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Zethfox wrote:Yes, but also for the the menu itself. Anything that's just drawn that can be rendered as a seperate quad like the square with deck name and avatar in it.

The deckmenu itself can be rendered over instead of under, so qe dont need to cut sections out of the background to see it..

The grey padding can actually be seperate quad too,
That way we have
High layer text and menu,
midlayer grey pad,
bottom layer the picture of the girl. So if someone likes the menu, and doesnt like the fish girl, all they do is replace the background picture and not have to use photoedit to make perfect cut out squares

To layer quads btw, you just change the order they render, the first thing in update to render is the lowest layer, the last thing that you ->render () is the top
I made it like that. the problem is, those old themes will not work on this new changes. I'm making a new default theme but I can't make those others.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

then we will retire the old ones, dont let them hold you back.