My battlefield GUI

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
kaioshin

Re: My battlefield GUI

Post by kaioshin »

Maybe I'll add a "W" for Wagic instead? Or any other ideas?
btw, I would be realy happy if this GUI would contribute your unofficial release. :)
leungclj

Post by leungclj »

love it.

I want it to be official release.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

kaioshin wrote:Maybe I'll add a "W" for Wagic instead? Or any other ideas?
btw, I would be realy happy if this GUI would contribute your unofficial release. :)
Possibly. Or maybe all of the mana symbols in a circle. Maybe all with a W in the middle. Idk, depending on how long it takes a few options would be nice, then we can pick the best one.

I havent looked at the new GUI in the SVN, so i dont know, but on the left hand side is that the phases? Thats what it looks like. Does that wheel move to highlight the phases as they change? I see on the top it lists says what phase, but I wasnt sure. Also where is the player avatar?
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

NyghtcrawleR wrote:I havent looked at the new GUI in the SVN, so i dont know, but on the left hand side is that the phases? Thats what it looks like. Does that wheel move to highlight the phases as they change? I see on the top it lists says what phase, but I wasnt sure. Also where is the player avatar?
Yep, phase icons are on a wheel now, and the wheel turns when the game enters a new phase.

Player avatar is in the bottom right corner.
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

NyghtcrawleR wrote: Or maybe all of the mana symbols in a circle.
I did that first, here's the result:

btw, I continued on the "non copyright" version, that could be featured in the official release, if interested:

I'll add a "Mana-circle" to it later, with the official Wagic mana symbols.
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

I like the mana symbols. Maybe pull them all in a hair so the blue symbol isnt cut off at all.

Also, how are the avatars setup in the new gui? I know I asked before and in your screens it seems that the avatars overlap too many things. It might be that the design would have to change some but the overlapping kind of takes away from the great quality of the background.

The ai avatar (top left), which is partially not even do to your design but pretty much goes into the battlefield. I think that needs to be addressed by whoever is designing the GUI as it hurts the design of the GUI.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

That looks awesome.
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

NyghtcrawleR wrote:I like the mana symbols. Maybe pull them all in a hair so the blue symbol isnt cut off at all.

Also, how are the avatars setup in the new gui? I know I asked before and in your screens it seems that the avatars overlap too many things. It might be that the design would have to change some but the overlapping kind of takes away from the great quality of the background.

The ai avatar (top left), which is partially not even do to your design but pretty much goes into the battlefield. I think that needs to be addressed by whoever is designing the GUI as it hurts the design of the GUI.
The mana symbols on the board would probably address the issue of dynamic mana readability that also affects psp performance. my proposal is to have an option of a static mana readability. The mana symbols on the board will light up and a number will appear how many mana has been activated. For a generic mana, the number will appear in the middle of the circle. See attached file as an example.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

flad_nag wrote: The mana symbols on the board would probably address the issue of dynamic mana readability that also affects psp performance. my proposal is to have an option of a static mana readability. The mana symbols on the board will light up and a number will appear how many mana has been activated. For a generic mana, the number will appear in the middle of the circle. See attached file as an example.
That would be awesome! Don't know if it's possible, though, since it would need some recoding. That's not my buisness ;).
Anyway, quick update on the "official" one:

I'll just replace the current mana symbols with the Wagic symbols and make some kinda gold frame like in the "unofficial" one.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

kaioshin wrote:
flad_nag wrote: The mana symbols on the board would probably address the issue of dynamic mana readability that also affects psp performance. my proposal is to have an option of a static mana readability. The mana symbols on the board will light up and a number will appear how many mana has been activated. For a generic mana, the number will appear in the middle of the circle. See attached file as an example.
That would be awesome!
I like this idea but I need to convince a few people before it gets done. But if we put mana that way (even as an option), where/How do we display the big card ?