Official Wagic 0.20.1.x 03-14-2017

Additional Ressources for WTH : new cards, card images & more
kevlahnota

Re: Official Wagic 0.20.1.x 02-10-2017

Post by kevlahnota »

UPDATE: Just pushed a new commit on Github with my latest changes. The other cards needs update though (cards with search/reveal ability and possible aicode). Unfortunately, the PC version doesn't appear on the Github releases. I'll try to post my personal PC build here later.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Status PSP, esp. deck editor?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Bas wrote:Status PSP, esp. deck editor?
Sorry but to be honest, I gave up on PSP a long time ago since I don't have/or use a PSP anymore. The current wagic don't run good on psp since it needs a lot of memory (cache) which is limited in PSP. So I think a good deck editor for PSP would be a text based (or tiny crops with text) design but that would defeat the other platforms that can use high res graphics. A seperate branch specially for PSP would be ideal but I don't know any dev that's active that would do it. I hope you understand but I really cant do it. I contribute my ideas/changes on wagic github just because I want to (since its free and i use it on my phone).
Bas

Post by Bas »

I understand and accept you basically cannot do anything on the matter. And while I don't have as much coding knowledge as you, I still think some code got changed regarding the deck editor which resulted in slowing it down. I am also carefully making this claim because I added quite some sets to PSP myself without the issue re-appearing.

So please forgive me here, but I DO believe that the deck editor could - in theory - be working better on PSP on newer versions, even with all the new cards added.
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

kevlahnota wrote: ... Anyway is there a keybinder in android like in pc? maps the buttons to keyboard to access key event? its just an idea though and probably it wont work.
Tested out rebinding keyboard keys to my controller with game Keyboard+ and it works. Couple extra steps before playing Wagic to get controller support, but it does work and without root too.

Seems the Binding for the app definitely recognizes keyboard and joypad directional input. If somewhere down the line input mapping could be implemented for the rest of the control buttons that would be great, but in the meantime this works.

Thanks
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Bas wrote:I understand and accept you basically cannot do anything on the matter. And while I don't have as much coding knowledge as you, I still think some code got changed regarding the deck editor which resulted in slowing it down. I am also carefully making this claim because I added quite some sets to PSP myself without the issue re-appearing.

So please forgive me here, but I DO believe that the deck editor could - in theory - be working better on PSP on newer versions, even with all the new cards added.
well upon checking the history for it I added borders and some useablity changes for it(july 2016):
https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/c ... orMenu.cpp

but before that it was wayback nov 2013... I don't know how to trace that since a lot has changed... do you encounter slowness on newer build while disabling card images?
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

rob3d wrote:
kevlahnota wrote: ... Anyway is there a keybinder in android like in pc? maps the buttons to keyboard to access key event? its just an idea though and probably it wont work.
Tested out rebinding keyboard keys to my controller with game Keyboard+ and it works. Couple extra steps before playing Wagic to get controller support, but it does work and without root too.

Seems the Binding for the app definitely recognizes keyboard and joypad directional input. If somewhere down the line input mapping could be implemented for the rest of the control buttons that would be great, but in the meantime this works.

Thanks
wow, I didn't think it would work. well i guess input mapping is a possibility for gamepad.
Bas

Post by Bas »

From my last tests some time ago, after a specific release the deck editor is roughly 30% slower on scrolling cards. No change whether I press Triangle or not.

In an even later release card images weren't shown at all in deck editor anymore.
Forums are down atm.

kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Bas wrote:From my last tests some time ago, after a specific release the deck editor is roughly 30% slower on scrolling cards. No change whether I press Triangle or not.

In an even later release card images weren't shown at all in deck editor anymore.
do you remember what specific build did you test and if you include the build date then we can filter what is changed then? does the fastest one you use have grid deck editor or not? since I suspect maybe that was causing it?
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Bas wrote:From my last tests some time ago, after a specific release the deck editor is roughly 30% slower on scrolling cards. No change whether I press Triangle or not.

I found the problem... though maybe it is not complete but deck editor is OK using PPSSPP emulator 1.3 (without images though)...
video: https://youtu.be/jeZTnRWrVEw

I'll investigate more...