"Real Magic" Graphic Mod v0.9.2 & All Card Images

Additional Ressources for WTH : new cards, card images & more
RafaelLopez

Re: "Real Magic" Graphic Mod v0.9.2 & All Card Images

Post by RafaelLopez »

NyghtcrawleR wrote:
NyghtcrawleR wrote:
RafaelLopez wrote:Perhaps this was already addressed somewhere else, but I gather some older prints are missing because the writing is too small. What does it take to hand-make the missing older cards? How many cards are there to make?

We could edit the missing cards only replacing the rule text to something more readable. Perhaps we could divide the work say, in lots of 25 cards with the same color, each one does its share and these cards could finally see the light of day.

I'm enlisting because the Real Magic Graphic Mod is so fricking awesome.
What older prints are missing? If you mean full sets that arent in the game yet that isnt due to writing, its due to just not being coded yet.
In my first post you will see that I have mentioned trying to make the older cards clearer and sharper but its hard due to the pixel shrinking. Redoing the cards for me is not an option as there are just way too many cards you would have to recreate. I will only attempt to keep working on the resizing and sharpness but not in editing each card individually.
Yeah, that's originally my point, you should consider dividing them in chunks of a couple dozen cards each and let the brainless Photoshop muscle (ie. me) do it chunk by chunk. I understand it must be a ridiculously long job, but it's probably the only possible solution ever. InDesign is your friend too, it all depends on what we have to work with (card texts already in txt or xls format for example). How many cards are there that need "hard" editing?
RafaelLopez

Post by RafaelLopez »

wololo wrote:RafaelLopez: you might want to have a look at the "M10 project" which aims at recreating the cards with new wording and crisper pictures
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=419

You can also look for "good quality" scans that can be found on other sites.
I will look into it. I favor Real Magic GM because Nyghtcrawler makes it so easy to use, whereas I'm not familiar with changing sets in other circumstances...
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

RafaelLopez wrote: Yeah, that's originally my point, you should consider dividing them in chunks of a couple dozen cards each and let the brainless Photoshop muscle (ie. me) do it chunk by chunk. I understand it must be a ridiculously long job, but it's probably the only possible solution ever. InDesign is your friend too, it all depends on what we have to work with (card texts already in txt or xls format for example). How many cards are there that need "hard" editing?
At least 1000.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
RafaelLopez

Post by RafaelLopez »

NyghtcrawleR wrote:
RafaelLopez wrote: Yeah, that's originally my point, you should consider dividing them in chunks of a couple dozen cards each and let the brainless Photoshop muscle (ie. me) do it chunk by chunk. I understand it must be a ridiculously long job, but it's probably the only possible solution ever. InDesign is your friend too, it all depends on what we have to work with (card texts already in txt or xls format for example). How many cards are there that need "hard" editing?
At least 1000.
It's your call. If you start a thread and organize the chunks with a link to pick up the originals, I know I'd pick up a few contribute.
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

no trophy_set.png replacement for trophy room yet??
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

Yeshua wrote:no trophy_set.png replacement for trophy room yet??
wait, wait, wait....what?!
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

RafaelLopez wrote:
NyghtcrawleR wrote:
At least 1000.
It's your call. If you start a thread and organize the chunks with a link to pick up the originals, I know I'd pick up a few contribute.
To be honest, that is not something I am looking at doing right now.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Nyghtcrawler works on the official releases. The Trophy Room is something that is only in the SVN.
As the title of this thread says, this is for Wagic 0.9.2
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

wololo wrote:
Nyghtcrawler works on the official releases. The Trophy Room is something that is only in the SVN.
As the title of this thread says, this is for Wagic 0.9.2
:o :D

Now I cant wait
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Hello and thx for this picture packs that i've been using since I play Wagic. :P
To the point that brought me here:
I was updating my sets with your pictures, and the links for the sets are broken.
Sorry for bother. :mrgreen: