A question concerning homebrew and PSX2PSP eboots...

Anything related to the PSP (homebrews, plugins, hacking, news,...) can go here
kasakopei

A question concerning homebrew and PSX2PSP eboots...

Post by kasakopei »

Greetings, all - I'm new here... actually, I'm here specifically to ask a question I've not seen addressed anywhere. If I'm mistaken on that point, I would be most grateful, should anyone care to point me in the right direction! I'd like to convert some homebrew PSX applications into eboots for play on my CFW PSP Slim (2000), but I keep churning out corrupt data in the form of hideously tiny files (we're talking 78MB isos becoming 3MB eboots, even though the dummy files in the image total 2MB or less when present). These applications play just fine on modded PS1 and PS2 consoles, so I know the image files are solid. I've tried varying the compression settings in PSX2PSP 1.4 (my other eboots come out fine on 1 or 2, so I'll not blame the program - I'm a relative noob, after all, so I'm likely doing something wrong), and I suspect it has something to do with the game I.D. (which homebrew apps don't seem to have). Does anybody know how to get PSX homebrew software up and running on the PSP? If it's an issue with the game I.D., is there a way to pull that data from the image itself via UltraISO or an equivalent? Thanks for your time and patience!