PSV compatibility

Anything related to the PSP (homebrews, plugins, hacking, news,...) can go here
pincho

PSV compatibility

Post by pincho »

Hi,
I live in Spain and I have a cousin who studies and lives in the US, so I though that it would be quicker and cheaper if he bought the PSV for me in the US. But I have some doubts:
1) Will be there some kind of incompatibility with the games which i buy here?
2) As the electricity here in Spain is 220V and 50Hz, and 120V and 60 Hz in the US, will be there any problem?

Thanks!
????
Zethfox

Re: PSV compatibility

Post by Zethfox »

i think the psps are region locked, i remember a buddy of mine bought a JAP psp to play imported games becuase they didn't work on USA models.
i imagine PSV will be the same as the other version of thier psp family.
pincho

Post by pincho »

thanks for the answer. i guess i'll have to wait...
????
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Zethfox wrote:i think the psps are region locked, i remember a buddy of mine bought a JAP psp to play imported games becuase they didn't work on USA models.
i imagine PSV will be the same as the other version of thier psp family.
This is incorrect.
The region code on the psp is only valid for UMD movies (who buys those?), and can be bypassed on most CFW. Games are not region locked on the psp.

As far as the PS Vita is concerned however, it is likely that games will be region coded
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

how come my buddies imports won't run on my psps tho? before and after custom firmware.
are you 100% certain, this could potentially cause him a lot of grief in the future when he tries purchasing games back at home.

my personal experience as well as my buddies is that imported games won't run on my psp or his. so choose wisely and research pincho, before you end up in a bad situation....or learn patience :)
pincho

Post by pincho »

thaks you two. i'll be patient and i'll wait for when it is released with more memory and a game... ( and i hope that the price will have also be reduced).
Do the think that europeans are stupid or something? i mean 250$ is qyute cheaper than 250 euros...
????
missalexis

Post by missalexis »

I'm very much looking forward to PSV but not sure ill buy one until I know for sure it will run Wagic.
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

Zethfox wrote:how come my buddies imports won't run on my psps tho? before and after custom firmware.
are you 100% certain, this could potentially cause him a lot of grief in the future when he tries purchasing games back at home.

my personal experience as well as my buddies is that imported games won't run on my psp or his. so choose wisely and research pincho, before you end up in a bad situation....or learn patience :)
100% positive on PSPs not being locked. I have region 3 and region 2 games, both of which run fine outside of CFW.

PSVita on the other hand, that is up in the air, no one can test that yet, so we will have to wait and see. (unless a JP gamer has access to US games that we do not yet have the ability to play, seeing as the Vita will not be out here till feb 22)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Zethfox wrote:how come my buddies imports won't run on my psps tho? before and after custom firmware.
Some games (lots of square enix games for example) have some added security against CFW, that could be your problem.
Some games might refuse to start if your psp language is not set to Japanese, although I've never seen such a game.
are you 100% certain
Yes. PSP Games are *not* region locked.
AzNFrEnZy

Post by AzNFrEnZy »

Will Wagic be compatible on the PSV?