How to add ad hoc to homebrews..?

Anything related to the PSP (homebrews, plugins, hacking, news,...) can go here
gothx

How to add ad hoc to homebrews..?

Post by gothx »

Hi, I been searching and searching on how to add ad hoc to homebrew games. I could not find anything.
I don't know how people do it. I cant find any root code or specific code to mess with to help add ad hoc support.
I was wondering if anyone knew of anything on how to add ad hoc support to homebrews? anything at all.

ps: sorry for posting this here, I didn't know where to post this exactly.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: How to add ad hoc to homebrews..?

Post by wololo »

here's a discussion on the subject, with code samples:
http://lukasz.dk/mirror/forums.ps2dev.o ... ml?t=13039
gothx

Post by gothx »

thank you so much....but..to be honest, like i said, im just starting to learn and have no idea on how to use these files.

the files within this download are:

main.ccp
makefile
makefile1
ZBadhoc.ccp
ZBadhoc.h

im not sure what programs i need or how to use these.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Wait, you cannot add adhoc "magically" in a game with a snap of fingers. you need to come up with a communication protocol for your game, on top of implementing the network structure. The files in the discussion probably help to implement the protocol using oslib, but if you are not a programmer you cannot add adhoc to a game... this requires good C/C++ skills and a deep knowledge of how the game code works.
gothx

Post by gothx »

I understand, that makes sense, sorry, have had a sudden urge to want to learn new things and I've always wanted to add ad hoc support to smashgpsp.
You may have heard of it? If not it's like super smash bros. for the psp...but doesn't support ad hoc. And later, as getting more and more knowledgeable of how to code and such, to try and help you and the dev team with wagic, I love magic the gathering and love playing wagic, I been wanting to try and add different game modes like chaos, plane chase , edh and such and most important on my list ad hoc. I understand now my skills would have to be greatly improved and in due time they will be.

o...speaking of which....how hard do you think it would be to be able to add plane chase? not necessarily like the new plane chase cards (the big ones), but like use regular cards? like how it started out before becoming the way it is today with decks you can buy and all, using cards like world cards, enchant world and such? and for the dice....would it be similar like how the random choosing of who starts first and how the random is for the coin flip? Just like putting a card off to the side..or pretty much where enchantments already go but can only leave play as of how the rules of plane chase are?

I'm not trying to ask for alot and or seem demanding, have just had some ideas that seem possibly simple..but in reality may not be. So just thought to ask :)

Thank you wololo :)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

As for every MTG mod, it should be relatively easy to add planechase with a few limitations. I don't know the rules well enough, but on top of my mind we need to add a "random" type of ability...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

planechase is very different actually, it is like turning MTG into a psudo-boardgame....