Having problems with my PSP 3000 4g

Anything related to the PSP (homebrews, plugins, hacking, news,...) can go here
krisss

Having problems with my PSP 3000 4g

Post by krisss »

Hi everyone

A couple of days ago I bought a PSP 3001 (according to the bar code thing) with FW 6.20 and since then I've been trying to hack in order to be able to run ISO files. I''ve tried the Patapon 2 Demo thing, then tried with Easy 6.20 TN-B (HEN) Installer and put the Prometheus ISO Loader. I launched Patapon 2 demo and the HEN and updated the firmware to 6.20 TN-B. Everything was OK until I uploaded an ISO file to the ISO folder of the PSP ROOT. I tried to launch Patapon 2 again but it failed and error 8002014E occurred and then a notification that my memory stick cannot be read and needs to be formatted. I formatted the memory stick and tried again but the same thing happened.

Then I tried with 6.20PRO-B8 CFW and changed the firmware to 6.20 pro-b8 (my PSP currently has this FW) and when I put an ISO file to the ISO folder of the PSP ROOT, the ISO file was recognized as "Corrupted data" on the display and then I had to format the memory stick again.

I don't know what's happening, I think that when I put an ISO file something goes wrong and the memory stick needs to be formatted. I am almost a total noob, as you can see. Please help me cuz I'm getting desperate :) I hope I haven''t scr..ed up something with all that changing of the firmware.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

PS: If you are asking me where i got the ISO file from, one of my classmates is a PSP maniac and he had created something like a mini game when he was trying to hack his PSP 3000. So he sent the ISO file to me. I hope this is not piracy :). By the way, he told me had managed to run the game on his PSP, so it should be working, but I don't know what version his FW is.
Zethfox

Re: Having problems with my PSP 3000 4g

Post by Zethfox »

if you class mate codes games, then he can Sign his psp, and make it run without a hacked psp...
http://psp.dashhacks.com/2011/01/19/psc ... easy-like/
krisss

Re: Having problems with my PSP 3000 4g

Post by krisss »

Btw, somehow, accidentally I disabled the VSH menu and now I can't enable it? Can you help me?