Can't wait to run Wagic but need some help...

Anything related to the PSP (homebrews, plugins, hacking, news,...) can go here
fenixink

Can't wait to run Wagic but need some help...

Post by fenixink »

I've been out of the CFW Game for a while (last time I knew what I was doing was 3.70 M33 but I managed a while back to get to 5.50 Prometheus.
My PSP - 2001 has been an oversized paperweight for a while now and Wajic looks like something to change that but the CFW for Dummies guide doesn't cover the process to go from 5.50 Prome to 6.35 Pro (assuming thats the best to go with).

From the instructions I'd imagine the best way to do this (sans Pandora battery as I borrowed my buddies originally) would be to install OFW 6.20 and then install CFW 6.35 Pro B4?

In the meantime I'll be playing around with the pc version of Wagic.
Zethfox

Re: Can't wait to run Wagic but need some help...

Post by Zethfox »

changing and upgrading custom firmware is a breeze now, nothing like the old days where you had to fear bricking your psp and stuff.
i personally run gen d-3 final, and never had any issues with it.
fenixink

Post by fenixink »

Glad to hear it should be simple but does this mean Wagic should run on any CFW? I was under the impression 6.35 PRO or TN HEN would be needed.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

it all depends on your psp...if you are running CFW on a hackable psp, then no, you don't need anything extra....
just the wagic folder....it should show up in your games section and play without any extra steps.
but if you're using a hen or other exploit to run unsigned eboots, then yeah...

from the looks of it you are already running CFW, did you install it with a pandoras battery and/or magic memstick...if yes then just find the CFW you like best, slap it on the psp, and start playing wagic :)
fenixink

Post by fenixink »

Did this earlier this morning. Wagic is awesome :D
Planeswalker's don't seem to be in the game though or am I just missing something?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

no theyre not supported yet.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

For the record Wagic doesn't require any CFW anymore, it runs on OFW as well.
For those interested, this happened here: http://wololo.net/wagic/2011/01/18/rele ... n-the-psp/
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Replace PSP/GAME/WTH/EBOOT.PBP with the EBOOT.PBP in this file<-----
was this updated to 15.1? otherwise you are telling people to overwrite their 15.1 with a 14.1 eboot.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Hmmm, sorry for the confusion, as I said the blog article is just here for reference, for people who want to know how/when the signing happened for the first time.The blog article was written 4 months ago, and is, of course, out of date, I just mentioned it for "historical" reasons.

The official download page is still http://wololo.net/wagic/download, and yes, the 0.15.1 version on the download page is signed