My first ever "real" Magic deck.

Everything that does not fall in the other categories
subevenis

My first ever "real" Magic deck.

Post by subevenis »

A while ago I said that I didn't own any Magic cards, all I ever did was playing Shandalar. This was true until last weekend, when a friend of mine visited, and - being a long-time Magic player - brought some Zendikar starter packs for us to play against each other. So, "Kor Armory" has become my first ever "real" Magic deck.

As you know, Magic starter packs now include boosters, so I opened my first ever Magic booster as well. It had another Kabira Crossroads, nice for a white deck. The rare card was ... *drumroll* ... *drumroll* ... erm, Goblin Guide. (*drums spontaneously cease*). Seems to have a pretty good rating on the Gatherer, but not really useful in a pure white deck. Well, I gave it to my friend for his red deck, where it actually helped me winning our second game by providing me a steady supply of land.

If you're interested in the results; I've actually won all our games, by I think I was at an advantage. I was playing the pre-constructed Kor Armory deck, while he had mixed the red cards from "Pumped Up" and "The Adventurers". I'm pretty sure that my deck had more synergy than his. Anyway ... he also bought "Unstable Terrain" for my Most Important Person on Earth, so we'll soon see how Kor Armory fares against another pre-constructed deck.