Does the ai cheat?

Everything that does not fall in the other categories
sokar

Does the ai cheat?

Post by sokar »

I'm really curious to see what other more seasoned players say.

I recently started playing and I've noticed that every deck that has the card Black Vise gets it in the very first turn. If the deck has multiple it seems spread out normally but if there's at least 1 they always get it first turn and can play it.

Out of curiosity I've started 50 games and quit immediately after the ai's first turn and they always get that **** card on the field unless they don't have it in their deck at all. These tests were done on version 0.19 but after a few games it seems like 0.18.6 does this too.

Anyone want to chime in here?
sandman423

Re: Does the ai cheat?

Post by sandman423 »

I notice the cpu tends to get all 4 copies of their cards when I play them...I have seen multiple Swords of Plowshares Damnations or Wrath of gods...Super Obnoxious
Zethfox

Re: Does the ai cheat?

Post by Zethfox »

Yes and no. Its not given a black vise purposely if thats what you mean. However i think i coded it so that if you are stomping an ai deck, 70 games in a row. It will be given 2 lands and 2 cards it can play under 3 mana. This was put in effect becuase there was way way too many report of ai being too easy. Its on a sliding scale, baswd on % of wins against it. If you win 50 out of 100 it will get 1 land and 1 card of 3 or less to play. If you win 90 out of 100, its given 2 and 2. Does that make sense?

To see what i mean, use profile "Maxglee" turn on the option "optimize hand". Now play any of your decks. You will notice you have really good first turn hands.