Can some people try the windows version ?

Everything that does not fall in the other categories
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Can some people try the windows version ?

Post by wololo »

Ok, so it seems some libraries missing.
Computers that can run the windows version are computers that have Visual Studio installed, apparently.

Edit:
Found it !
It seems you need to install this before you try to play the game :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
(confirmed to work on a friend's computer)

The version built with Abra's computer might not have the problem since it's a different version of Visual studio
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

*slaps self*. dang, I thought I had that. I must of uninstalled it because I wasnt using it. Thanks wololo.
ndarkstar

Post by ndarkstar »

Probably a stupid omission on my part, but is there some package for Windows for use with Visual C++ 2008 Express that will include libpngd.lib? I tried installing the VC2005 Redistributable linked earlier in this thread and it doesn't seem to have any effect.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ndarkstar wrote:Probably a stupid omission on my part, but is there some package for Windows for use with Visual C++ 2008 Express that will include libpngd.lib? I tried installing the VC2005 Redistributable linked earlier in this thread and it doesn't seem to have any effect.
the dlls were part of the package that was initially distributed on my site.
After the cease and desist, I removed the windows version and never put it back. The .exe file alone is not enough.
I'll try to have the windows version back for next release.
ndarkstar

Post by ndarkstar »

Going back over the thread again, I think I replied to the wrong messages. I'm actually trying to compile from the source instead of just creating the exe. I have the appropriate directory structure (I think) to make everything work, but without the png debug library I can't run the project in debug mode.

A similar error occurs when building a release as well. It fails due to a missing libpng.lib.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I see...
the libpng.lib file is in JGE/Dependencies/lib
it is probable that you have to add the JGE/Dependencies folder to your list of lib folders in the project settings. I'm surprised it is not the case with the default svn revision :(
ndarkstar

Post by ndarkstar »

Hm... It must have been a mistake on my part. Checked out another copy and all the dependencies are there. The copy I'd checked out on another computer was missing the contents of that directory.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Just as a note, on the current build an attempted debug run fails with an unhanded exception in JRenderer_Win.cpp on line 97 with the following error message: Unhandled exception at 0x005ae829 in template.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000034.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ndarkstar wrote: Just as a note, on the current build an attempted debug run fails with an unhanded exception in JRenderer_Win.cpp on line 97 with the following error message: Unhandled exception at 0x005ae829 in template.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000034.
I think the application cannot find the "Res" directory.
On my computer, the "Res" directory is in projects/mtg/bin/ , but I've had sometimes where the application couldn't find it for some reason. It's probably because the project is not set to be run from the "bin" directory. Try either to set the project up to be able to run from the "bin" directory (in the project's settings in Visual Studio), or move the "Res" directory to projects/mtg

It could also be that a specific file inside the Res directory is missing( but I think everything's in the SVN so I doubt that's this issue)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I created a new topic for people who want to try the windows version of 0.5.1: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=256
if results seem positive, I'll put it back on the download page ;)
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

I may be doing something wrong, but when I try to use the windows version of WTG081 I get this error:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

I am using Windows Vista and have already installed the "vcredist_x86"..... any ideas on how to fix this???
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman