Question about Android ads

Everything that does not fall in the other categories
joepie

Question about Android ads

Post by joepie »

Hi everyone,

Been ages since I played MTG. Back in the days when MicroProse ruled ;). Must have been late nineties.
More recently I have played YGO on Nintendo DS, for lack of any other decent CTG on a mobile platform. YGO is nice, but hasn't the depth of MTG.

Just recently I got an Android phone and browsed for a CTG. Lo and behold, I stumbled into WTH just yesterday. I love it!! What a fanbase.
I'm running the linux demo on my second screen as I type :D. Need some time to relearn the rules, but will get there before long.
I love it on the phone as well.

I have one question though: is it possible to get rid of the Google ads on the Android version? It surely does take a portion of the screen. I'm fairly new to Android, but I don't really care for the anti-privacy stuff in most market apps. Is there a reason that it shows up in Android? As the linux version doesn't have any.

I'm not complaining for sure, just wondering and not understanding the reasons why.

Joe P.
Zethfox

Re: Question about Android ads

Post by Zethfox »

the ad support on the android version is there because we are preparing the android wagic for commercial release. the release you are playing on android is much more of a beta then anything else.
goojamin

Post by goojamin »

I am loving the most recent ios beta! But I also have deep dislike of ADs in my games (especially when they cover up my % complete progress on the main screen :x )

A lot of other ios games give the option to make a one time in-app purchase to remove ads. Are there any plans to go this route when the final version of these apps are released on android and ios?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

well nothing is final yet, but im sure there will be a version without the ads..