Multiplayer?

Everything that does not fall in the other categories
MrFrenik

Multiplayer?

Post by MrFrenik »

I've read a few things, but they seem to be mainly from a couple of years back. Just wondering if there are still plans for a multiplayer function for wagic in the works.
Zethfox

Re: Multiplayer?

Post by Zethfox »

MrFrenik wrote:I've read a few things, but they seem to be mainly from a couple of years back. Just wondering if there are still plans for a multiplayer function for wagic in the works.
multiplayer might lead to a cease and desist letter from wizards...much like apprentice got one for the same reason... :? i would love to see it as much as you, but i wouldnt risk losing wagic for multiplayer mode...i think wizards is pretending we dont exist here since its a single player game.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Online mode is still in the "ToDo bin" as far as I know, apprentice got the letter because they mostlikely started using trademarked items, if have no legal point to stand on with wagic the way it is now they won't have one if you decide to put in a multiplayer or 1vs1 mode or even a tournament held every now and then.

Remember this is Wagic, not Magic, just check any booster pack, we aren't using anything they copyrighted, we don't use their mana symbols, we don't use the artist names and/or art, we don't use Set names, well we do, but we don't, Rize of Eldrazi is ROE for instance, if you decide to use a theme or mod were everything is exactly is like it would be in Magic it has nothing to do with us, that is fan made stuff and they won't even bother to sue the fan.

As for apprentice, I can't really recall that well but I think they used the official mana symbols.

But anyways that's my point of view it's up to Wololo if it will be included in the official releases buuuuttt you can always make a fanmade patch with the help of some programmers that care for this project and want to write the Online mode or whatever.
Just a suggestion if it won't fly in the official releases :P.

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Pretty much as you guys said.
Although the main reason right now is that nobody started seriously looking at creating a network library. We have a half working solution that I never got to fully test :( (not enough free time in my life)
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

sir i suggest to make these game a multiplayer private online game is it possible mr. wololo
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

HAHAHA, i did laugh,
ok lets take this in baby step, how about we work on multiplayer first....
then we work on "online"...

both of those are 2 different monsters....

ROE <---is what they call it in MTG also...btw...
and i noticed something really funny about the mana logos...3 of them are used in pokemon...just an fyi.
nilats

Post by nilats »

Just curious.. with the new updates to CB and VF CFW are there any plans to look a bit more seriously into multiplayer?

As for wotc coming down on you there are other Magic clones on PC with multiplayer support that don't get C&D. So long as you do not distribute their copyrighted material you should be in the clear
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

we have been looking into it, tho we don't have the man power to do it yet, its slowly being added.
there is ALOT that goes into adding multiplayer to a game written primarily in "single player vs ai" even if we did magically spit out the code, it would be months before we had all the abilities updated and bugs worked out...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Well, there are two meaning to "multiplayer". One is to allow online game for 2 players. This is very doable, and we've been slowly working on it.
The other means "more than 2 players", and this, honestly, is not doable, if only because the way we code cards assume that there are only 2 players in the game. Every card that says "chose an opponent" wouldn't work, for example, etc...
nilats

Post by nilats »

I don't really have the means to play Mtg in my day to day life due to work and other restrictions and to be completely honest I did not know you could play with more than 2 players ;)