Mark of eviction not in wagic yet?!?!?!?

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
Umbra

Mark of eviction not in wagic yet?!?!?!?

Post by Umbra »

Well, I'm new here and i sincerely hope that I posted this in the right place. Anyway a couple days ago I noticed that Mark of eviction (an awesome aura card that returns the enchanted creature to the owner's hand on your upkeep) was not showing up in the Ravnica set.

You may ask "So? why not just use unsummon?". Well the reason that I don't is because it is re-usable, (it returns to your hand along with the enchanted creature after your upkeep) and it only costs 1 mana. That means 2 things; 1) you can continuously get your opponents creatures out of the way for cheap. And 2 ) if you have a creature that has an awesome ability that can only be used when it enters the battlefield, (Izzet Chronarch for example) you can enchant it to return it to your hand, then recast the creature so you can activate its ability again, then enchant it again with the same aura to repeat the process however many times you want. I was planning on recreating one of my decks into the game but it revolves around this card.

I was thinking that I might know the solution, but I can't seem to get it to work. I don't know if that's because I'm terrible at coding or if it's just impossible. My idea was to sort of combine some of the code from Grifter's Blade (which is an equipment that acts like an aura, in the sense that it enters the battlefield attached to a creature.) and unsummon to make an equipment version of Mark of Eviction. (just because I didn't see any way to use the script of unsummon to make an aura return to your hand.)

Any ideas on how to make this work?
Zethfox

Re: Mark of eviction not in wagic yet?!?!?!?

Post by Zethfox »

we aim for atleast 95% accurate, your suggestions would be workaround.

the reason its not it is because it returns all auras attached to it and the creature to hand...which should be possible considering i added a targetchooser for that.

all(*[parent])
Umbra

Post by Umbra »

Alright, thanks! :) I'll try to make the card using that now. Any chance you know a card with similar code? I'm fairly new to coding so i mostly just mess around with the code that's already made so that i can figure out what piece does what and goes where, and as a result figure out how to string those pieces together in the right order so that they work how I want them to.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

I would have to dig, chances are there are none using it. it was created for a mod the dev team was creating.
the code for that card would be complex, and would require alot of testing. cards such as that and "disarm", and other similar cards which move all cards attached to something to somewhere other then current zone was going to be next after I completed soulbond, but my interest have currently shifted to improving the ai, then maybe do another card code update.
Umbra

Post by Umbra »

Alright, I think I have the basic coding for the card done. (rarity, mana cost, type/subtype, text) But do I have to download anything in order for "all(*[parent])" to work, or is it already implemented in Wagic 0.18.6?