Working Exhume and Show and Tell

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
kevlahnota

Working Exhume and Show and Tell

Post by kevlahnota »

The following cards works fine but needs revision because they must be put in play at the same time...

Exhume

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Exhume
auto=if type(creature|mygraveyard)~morethan~0 then if type(creature|opponentgraveyard)~lessthan~1 then ability$!name(reanimate) notatarget(creature|mygraveyard) moveTo(mybattlefield)!$ controller
auto=if type(creature|mygraveyard)~lessthan~1 then if type(creature|opponentgraveyard)~morethan~0 then ability$!name(reanimate) notatarget(creature|mygraveyard) moveTo(mybattlefield)!$ opponent
auto=if type(creature|mygraveyard)~morethan~0 then if type(creature|opponentgraveyard)~morethan~0 then name(reanimate) choice name(reanimate) notatarget(creature|mygraveyard) transforms((,newability[ability$!name(reanimate) notatarget(creature|mygraveyard) moveTo(mybattlefield)!$ opponent],newability[moveTo(mybattlefield)]))
text=Each player puts a creature card from his or her graveyard onto the battlefield.
mana={1}{B}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
Show and Tell

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Show and Tell
auto=if type(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|myhand)~morethan~0 then if type(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|opponenthand)~lessthan~1 then ability$!name(put in play) notatarget(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|myhand) moveTo(mybattlefield)!$ controller
auto=if type(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|myhand)~lessthan~1 then if type(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|opponenthand)~morethan~0 then ability$!name(put in play) notatarget(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|myhand) moveTo(mybattlefield)!$ opponent
auto=if type(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|myhand)~morethan~0 then if type(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|opponenthand)~morethan~0 then name(put in play) choice name(put in play) notatarget(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|myhand) transforms((,newability[ability$!name(put in play) notatarget(artifact,creature,enchantment,land|myhand) moveTo(mybattlefield)!$ opponent],newability[moveTo(mybattlefield)]))
text=Each player may put an artifact, creature, enchantment, or land card from his or her hand onto the battlefield.
mana={2}{U}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
Last edited by kevlahnota on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevlahnota

Re: Working Exhume and Show and Tell

Post by kevlahnota »

if the cards ability above can put in play the chosen cards at the same time then great...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

95% is what i aim for in support, if we start getting too picky then we can just completely remove a ton of cards that are not 100%.
:) wagic will NEVER be able to slap 2 cards in play at exactly the same time, becuase "for(" loops increment, its the nature of the beast...if we wanted it to happen as such we would need to recode the event system, which i am absolutely not going to do myself.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

well I'm still happy that in the current SVN the AI can choose for itself :D
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

I revised the codes at my first post.

exhume and show and tell logic is much more the same.

when exhume is cast and resolves it checks wether you have a valid target for its ability.

1) if you have a creature in your graveyard and the opponent doesn't then do its ability..... or
2)if the opponent has a creature in its graveyard and you don't have any then do its ability for the opponent.... else
3)if both players have a creature in the graveyard then it will make you to select a creature in graveyard then grant temporary ability (transforms) to have the opponent make a choice for exhume then put them onto the battlefield.