Progress on Becomes() and Aura - Status ?

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
bcdiscman

Progress on Becomes() and Aura - Status ?

Post by bcdiscman »

Has there been any progress in the "becomes" command that would allow cards to be coded such as:

ImageorImageorImage

Not complaining; I'm sure there are many more "important" issues, I was just wandering.

[EDIT ABRA: Renamed & Moved]
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Dr.Solomat

Re: Enchantment Creatures

Post by Dr.Solomat »

bcdiscman wrote:Has there been any progress in the "becomes" command that would allow cards to be coded such as:

Not complaining; I'm sure there are many more "important" issues, I was just wandering.

If they would be codable I would have already added them. There is no way yet. :(
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

Ok, I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything. I just thought that if they were codeable it would make it possible to add a whole lot of other types of cards which have similar mechanics such as:

morph:

or

changing abilities:

but regardless I think and have often said (in these forums) that all you you developers have gone above and beyond my wildest dreams in your efforts and I do thank you for all of your hard work. :D
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

morph is a HUGE project, there has been progress in becomes....*kinda* i created transforms( which has added ALOT of cards, oh and knights of dawn is already coded and will be in rev 13...

i made a way to give custom names to abilities lines....

however heres the limitions you have to understand about "morph"

first, morphing allows the player to choose to put it in play for 3 mana as a 2/2 creature colorless card, which is not a probelm...i can code that.
card changing names, types, color, power, toughness...i can code that.

card changing IMAGE to the real card image, card losing auto= lines and gaining new ones...that i can not code....

could i code it with the card just being called "Morphed so and so"...sure...but the biggest issue is the auto= lines can not be removed or added as you please... :/ which makes morphing a complete no go now....

hidden enchantments suffer from their own issues which prevent them from being added...
they work with a trigger....i can get the card to change into the creatures...i can even have the card lose the type enchantment...however, i can not remove the trigger from him for the same reason i cant have morph....can not remove the auto= line that have the trigger in it...so the card CONSTANTLY keeps changing into a creature...which makes this a no go, sense each time it changes it pretty much starts fresh...
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

Zethfox wrote:sense each time it changes it pretty much starts fresh...
Thanks Zethfox, boiling it down to such simple terms allows it to make sense to "simpletons" such as myself - LOL. I wish I had the time to learn c++ and the time to help, but again you Dev's are doing a great job. :)
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman