Discusion lifelink & cards with similar ability.

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
ph34rbot

Discusion lifelink & cards with similar ability.

Post by ph34rbot »

Dr.Solomat wrote:
Sunhome Enforcer does not have likelink! Read the card!

True, Whenever (card name) deals combat damage, you gain that much life != lifelink

Here's a list of cards with this wording and the ability lifelink. It's taken from the SVN rev 2294 so either all this cards get remover or all cards worded like this gets added to the primitives:

Armadillo Cloak
Doubtless One
El-Hajjaj
Horned Cheetah
Kjeldoran Gargoyle
Mourning Thrull
Paladin of Prahv
Phantom Nishoba
Spirit Link
Spirit Loop
Spiritualize
Vampiric Link
Warrior Angel
Zebra Unicorn

I would hate to see all those cards removed but the rules aren't the same for lifelink and this ability due to the stack o gain life, lifelink doesn't stack, the other one does.

Even a bunch of these cards are in AI decks
mnguyen

Re: Discusion lifelink & cards with similar ability.

Post by mnguyen »

This is a known issue. http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/d ... k&sort=-id
It isn't currently possible to code the cards this way 100%. The M10 rules rewrite made lifelink a static ability to make damage assignment easier. I'm not sure what the priority is but I think it works close enough that we can move on to other abilities that haven't been coded.
Zethfox

Re: Discusion lifelink & cards with similar ability.

Post by Zethfox »

this is true, this static wording has been given the real keyword and are treated as lifelink. the only case where it is not like this, is cards dealing with only combat damage.